My Dish couldnt find Eutelsat 9A? HELP? Guides plz

huntercross14

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
8899 Hd Satellite receiver
My Location
Swindon, Wiltshire
My dish could find Astra 2 at 28.2 very good signal 87%, but I'm now looking for a Eutelsat 9A and could not find it. I looking for E9A because I want this channel called NepaliTV, I did add the frequency, polarity and symbol rate in my HD receiver box and could not find that channel. Please help, what should I do?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You cant miss Eutel 9A - shes chucking out a huge signal.

First of all do you have a subscription to Nepali TV? The video is clear but the audio is encrypted.

Do you gwet any of the other channels on 9E? Have you realigned your dish to 9E??

huntercross14

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Swindon, Wiltshire
In my satellite receiver I could find Astra 2, Hotbird, turksat, Eutelsat W2, W5...etc but no Eutelsat 9A which I am looking for.
No, I dont have subscription l because first I wanted to find the channel and subcribe afterward.
No i havnt religned my dish, do you mean I have to climb up the roof to relign? how do i point to the correct satellite? also I have 2 satellites dish which was left by the previous house owner and I havnt touched it, so im a newbie in this. cheers

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes, you must realign as you simply can't get Satellites other than the one your dish is pointing to.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ah you have fallen into the classic trap.

The satellites are strung out in an inverted arc with its apex to your local south. To see each one the dish has to be realigned - manually or via a motor.

If you dont move the dish BUT scan each different satellite stored on the box then you will get a certain number of hits where the frequecy details on each satellite coincide.

So basically yes you need to go up onto your roof and either move the current dish (DONT move it if you are on a shared system or all the users will lose their Sky signals!) or install a second dish specifically for 9E.

Two points for Nepali TV - its a UK based channel showing nepali language programming - its not from Nepal, and second - the picture quality isnt very good - any fast movement and the picture dissolves into blokko-vision!

huntercross14

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Swindon, Wiltshire
Moving the dish via motor isnt working for me, so i think i have to climb up and realign. Thank for your answer appreciate it. cheers :-thumb1