my dish is not moving

jassani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dell
My Location
uk
Hi every one. I am new in this forum. I have Manhattan ST Plaza 550 with internal positioner. It has been working fine until few days ago when I tried to change satellites from Hotbird into Arabsat, the dish moved a little bit then stopped dead, I was not able to get any channels from Arabsat but on searching I it came up with some channels from Astra 26. On selecting Astra 26 from the menu all of Astra channels were there.

The dish refused to go back to Hotbitrd and although the on screen menu says the dish was moving the actual dish was not.

I unplugged the reciever from the mains and replugged it without any success. Is it jammed or a motor failure or a fuse some where?

Thanks for any help

petengade

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none yet
My Location
sussex
I aim to buy a ST Plaza 550 soon and am waiting for a reply to your question as maybe it's a fault with Manhattans, anybody know?

jassani

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dell
My Location
uk
Hi

I took the plunge and called in a satellite engineer, the fault was actually with the actuator, which had been working faultlessly for about 11 years!

I had pay 104 Pounds to replace it. It is now working fine.

By the way, the Plaza 550 with internal positioner has been serving me without a problem for the last 2 years! I would recommend it

Jassani

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
We are glad you are sorted with that, it seems to be a bit steep that priceO-no