My DIY 1.1m motorised Triax

ish07930

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Spiderbox 7000HD, 1m DigiMaxx mesh dish, TM Motor
My Location
West Midlands
Hi

Using the invaluable help & advice on this forum I installed my dish today. I was a total satellite newbie before I read this forum.

I had sky but wanted more channels that were not available on sky eg. on Arabsat etc. After reading this forum and asking questions forum I knew what I had to buy.

So I went and purchased my equipment (all prices include p&p where applicable):-

Triax 1.1m dish - £53.98 from ebay

Technomate 1500+ CI Super - £96.95 from ebay

MTI Supreme universal 0.2 LNB - £8.49 from ebay

Fortec DISEQC motor - £47.50 from ebay

12" T&K Brackets - £10 from mideastsat

screws/wall plugs/fplugs/10m cable - £20 from mideastsat

Digisat Pro Single meter - £44.95 from wizard

10 ft 2" steel pole - £16.98 from Jwhardy

I used 3 brackets on the pole and fitted it using the help guides on this forum. For me the meter was a big benefit as I was doing it by myself. I added some cement around the bricks which surround the top bracket to add for strength as it is an old house. I will paint the cement brick colour later.

I could have mounted it more to the right but I didn't trust the brickwork of the chimney.

It cost me just under £300 all in and I got £70 back for my old sky receiver. I still have old sky dish/lnb/pole to sell but I don't know if they are worth anything.

Here is a pic. My phone must have been set to b&W!

[fieldset=Admin Edit]Removed live links to Ebay sellers[/fieldset]

Attachments

• sat1.jpg
    sat1.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 669

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
excellent what satellites do you pickup on the dish ?

ish07930

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
West Midlands
Not had a chance to try many yet but on Badr I get the MBC channels with very good quality picture.

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
Very nice set up and you had a flat roof to work from as well. BTW 10ft/3m lengths of scaffold poles are under a tenner from you local scaffolding merchant.
parky.

ish07930

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
West Midlands
I would have prefered to use scaffold as it would probably have been stronger.

The flat roof did make it easier but sitting on top of the chimney tightening up the dish it still was very high up The pic makes it look lower than it is.

Ther only thing that worries me is that with there being 6ft of pole above the top bracket if I am going to get any problem in windy weather.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
great stuff...

well done on getting all the stuff together, and especially doing your own installation :)

good luck with the channels now :D

quinny53

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m funke dish
sky digital with zone 2
My Location
Liverpool
ish07930 said:
I would have prefered to use scaffold as it would probably have been stronger.

The flat roof did make it easier but sitting on top of the chimney tightening up the dish it still was very high up The pic makes it look lower than it is.

Ther only thing that worries me is that with there being 6ft of pole above the top bracket if I am going to get any problem in windy weather.

I would not have though that to be a problem if everything is tightened up properly.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
the pole could bend if its not strong enough where as a scaffold pole wont bend as they are what 5mm thick steel

t&k brackets look fine as the two k brackets will be strong enough

ish07930

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
West Midlands
I'm thinking of filling the current pole with cement to try and make it more rigid as it has been wobbling about in the wind. Do yout think this will make any difference?

satellite eye

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
problem is wind leverage on the dish,wall mounts are very important as is more so a sound wall,maintenance is important too,depending on the garden length that might have been worth considering,depending on satellites required an installation there.also with prominent dishes are neighbours once one complains it tends to bandwagon with others talking ????,not knowing what they are talking about.looks like it will be ok.