My favorite "Gizmo"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Well since this is my post # 409 I might as well celebrate it this way.My favorite Gizmo was my 1962 Chevy Impala 409. yep she's real fine too,my four speed dual quad positraction 409 (always turns in the fastest times) Actually I have had three of these 409 cars and they served me well. I have some pictures left but no cars :-hijack ha ha I also used to race a fiberglass 1955 chevy with a Z11 409 in it and it was quick oh so quick.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Different, reminds me of the first Toyotas (the original Crown with mouth organ front), none left, even in breakers yards, unless you are able to bring a broom in to sweep up the debris.

Ive moved away from chrome and steel and am rebuilding one (no two) of these. One is more or less standard, but one is going to have something slightly more powerful in the engine department to play with the traffic.

www.ns400r.co.uk

kalamar

Reaction score
Channel Hopper said:
Different, reminds me of the first Toyotas (the original Crown with mouth organ front), none left, even in breakers yards, unless you are able to bring a broom in to sweep up the debris.

Ive moved away from chrome and steel and am rebuilding one (no two) of these. One is more or less standard, but one is going to have something slightly more powerful in the engine department to play with the traffic.

www.ns400r.co.uk
hello CH
I once had a 1967 Toyota Corona 2dr hardtop it had lots of chrome stuff inside and out I remember it looked like a mini Mercedes Benz and it was really small,I put a Chevy 350 in it (set back in the firewall) but never completed it to driving condition,I cant remember what happened to it,I left it in a shop I was renting because I hadnt fixed the steering so couldnt tow it and had no way to haul and it wasnt important to me anyway ,just an experiment.But I bet it would have really gone down the road! :D

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You like your V8 blocks dont you .

A friend of mine (ex work colleague ) had a Toyota 2L from the 70s. Even in standard engine trim it was quick, but I remember it was always making strange sounds from the diff and drive shafts.

When upgrading anything for the road, I have a tendency to forget the simple equiation that its going to cost far more than keeping it standard.

kalamar

Reaction score
Channel Hopper said:
You like your V8 blocks dont you .

A friend of mine (ex work colleague ) had a Toyota 2L from the 70s. Even in standard engine trim it was quick, but I remember it was always making strange sounds from the diff and drive shafts.

When upgrading anything for the road, I have a tendency to forget the simple equiation that its going to cost far more than keeping it standard.

hello CH
Yes that Toyota had I think a 20R engine as original. They are tough little engines.I always marveled over the large size transmission in that car ,it was a whopper! ha ha O-Ha dont remember any (arse) noises in mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.