My home istall at my flat

jonnybobs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH ONE:-Sky HD on a Zone 1 dish with Quad LNB using x2 Connections @ 28.2 Deg. DISH TWO:- is single Zone one with a single LNB @ 19.2 Deg coupled to a Comag Porty II reciever for FTA german TV.
My Location
Houghton Regis, Dunstable
This is my flat. It's a block of 4. I live on the top floor on the right hand flat.

The pictures:- Let me explain....

Sat5.jpg :- Well, the right hand dish used to have the quad LNB on it and the dish was poined to 28.2 Degrees. When I installed the 2nd dish which on the pic is the left hand one, I was unable to get the angle needed for 19.2 Degrees. So, I swapped cables and LNB over and re aligned the dishes.

Sat2.jpg:- I live in a rented flat. The right hand dish was already there. I am not allowd to make ANY external mods that might damage the property. This does include putting holes in the walls and bricks. So, I undid the two left hand bolts on the right hand dish bracket and slid the left hand bracket under it and put the two bolts back in..

Sat1.jpg:- Shows the end result of my work....!

My advice here,
I had to remove the old two coax cables which were thick and nasty. now, you will want to put your new ones in. If you can eget hold of the sky man ask for some twin coax, This stuff is great, its very much thinner then the coax and all I did was taped the twin stuff to the old thick stuff and pulled it through.

Attachments

• sat5.JPG
    sat5.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 193
  • sat2.jpg
    sat2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 188
  • sat1.jpg
    sat1.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 159

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Nice install. Interesting wall fixing though (sat2.jpeg) :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Can I suggest giving your lens a wipe? :D

Nice install, and I like the 2-in-1 approach to the overlapped brackets, saves bolts I guess... :)

jonnybobs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH ONE:-Sky HD on a Zone 1 dish with Quad LNB using x2 Connections @ 28.2 Deg. DISH TWO:- is single Zone one with a single LNB @ 19.2 Deg coupled to a Comag Porty II reciever for FTA german TV.
My Location
Lets hop it holds up in the wind!!!! -- I'm not borrowing the ladders again. It was a 5 hour mission the last time.:-doh2

Got the letting agency over on Weds for out three month inspection, lets see if they notice!?!:-Nooo

jonnybobs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Tivù said:
So this is the beast referred to in your 19.2E/PVR Thread, then.

Ingenious solution so far ................. :D

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...-twin-tuner-reciver-1-lnb-@-19-2-degrees.html

Yup! It seemed logical to try and reuse the old not used "new" sky dishes that they seem to give away when you aske them. So, my dish was brand new as was the cableing but the LNB would you believe, I found beside a skip about 2 years ago.

I was quite surprised that using a zone one dish that I got as good a signal as I did @ 19.2 - My strength and Quality measure at 78% on that dish.

The sat finder is almost at the end of teh scale. So, I was happy. Remembering that the "looser" dish of the two in my pic has become the "sky" dish and the more fixed dish is my "euro" dish!

streetlighter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Virgin V+HD XL Technomate 6800 Astra+Hotbird FTA on 60 cm dish
My Location
Cheshire
Not too sure about the two bolts holding the dishes in place. Might have been better just to drill fixing holes for the second dish as they can always be filled with a clear silicone sealant if the dish needs to be removed.
Just shows how useful the Sky minidish can be with other high power satellites,my first non Sky system used a Zone 2 minidish.

GreenmanBelg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 x CM 1.2m matching C120 feedhorn and Invacom 0.3db twin output LNB.50 degrees East to 42 degrees West.1 x CM 1.2m AZ/EL mount matching C120 feedhorn and twin output Invacom 0.3db
Humax VACI 5300
Old Panasonic Digibox
with IRL $ky sub. Coship FTA
My Location
40kms NE of Antwerp,Belgium.
2cvbloke said:
Can I suggest giving your lens a wipe? :D

Nice work but clear pics would be easier on the eye.Thanks.