My Lidli reciever has frozen?

DavMartinR

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Lidli Comag party 11 system.
My Location
Pembrokeshire, UK
Hi
I'm looking for some advice. i recently purchase one of the Lidi Comag systems due to the fact that I think the German anlouge signal is also going to be switched off next year. I smiple connected the new LNB to the existing anoluge dish and there it was? Astra 1 with all the german channels. I then noticed that the reciever would accomodate more than just the one signal so I ordered two more LNB a bracket and a 4 way switch and to my suprise I could pick up Astra 1, Astra 2 and Hotbird. That was until last night when the reciever just froze on one channel with no picture. I turned the reciever off and on again but to no avail. I then left it off for some time then turned it back on where it can up with 'load' on the display? Has the reciever reset itself? and is downloading the software again? I left it for about an hour with no change. Does anybody now if there is a keying in sequence on the reciever to set it back to the default settings?? Or am I being to keen in setting it up with three LNBs??

Any help would be most apericiated

Cheers!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
DavMartinR said:
Hi
I'm looking for some advice. i recently purchase one of the Lidi Comag systems due to the fact that I think the German anlouge signal is also going to be switched off next year. I smiple connected the new LNB to the existing anoluge dish and there it was? Astra 1 with all the german channels. I then noticed that the reciever would accomodate more than just the one signal so I ordered two more LNB a bracket and a 4 way switch and to my suprise I could pick up Astra 1, Astra 2 and Hotbird. That was until last night when the reciever just froze on one channel with no picture. I turned the reciever off and on again but to no avail. I then left it off for some time then turned it back on where it can up with 'load' on the display? Has the reciever reset itself? and is downloading the software again? I left it for about an hour with no change. Does anybody now if there is a keying in sequence on the reciever to set it back to the default settings?? Or am I being to keen in setting it up with three LNBs??

Any help would be most apericiated

Cheers!

The German analogue isnt going anywhere just yet. There will probably be a phased rundown over the next few years, but its going to be towards the end of the decade before any serious inroads are made into the 19E analogue stuff.

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
Analoguesat said:
The German analogue isnt going anywhere just yet. There will probably be a phased rundown over the next few years, but its going to be towards the end of the decade before any serious inroads are made into the 19E analogue stuff.

Indeed..lots of the German Analogue channels have got contracts for 19e analogue carriage until at least the year 2012...

On another note, I assume somehow the three LNB's could be confusing the reciever...maybe this is a bit obvious, but have you tried it with just one LNB directly connected to it?

DavMartinR

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Lidli Comag party 11 system.
My Location
Pembrokeshire, UK
dvmedia said:
Indeed..lots of the German Analogue channels have got contracts for 19e analogue carriage until at least the year 2012...

On another note, I assume somehow the three LNB's could be confusing the reciever...maybe this is a bit obvious, but have you tried it with just one LNB directly connected to it?

Problem solved? I diconnected the output from the 4 way switch turned the reciever back on and the display came back with weak signal and I was able to change channels. So reconnected the reciever to the 4 way switch and everything is back to normal. I then went through the channels on Hotbird and it froze agian on the same channel 0390? 189? EBS? Has anyone else had this problem??

Thats for the comments and help.

Cheers!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
DavMartinR said:
Problem solved? I diconnected the output from the 4 way switch turned the reciever back on and the display came back with weak signal and I was able to change channels. So reconnected the reciever to the 4 way switch and everything is back to normal. I then went through the channels on Hotbird and it froze agian on the same channel 0390? 189? EBS? Has anyone else had this problem??

Thats for the comments and help.

Cheers!

EBS has a large number of audio carriers on it (over 20 - one for each official EU language). I wonder if the box doesnt like this. If you can manually edit the additional audio pids, delete them and see if it makes any difference.

astra19E

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital - Freeview - FTA Digital Satellite (19E) - Broadband
My Location
S. Lanarkshire
My box (which I assume is the same) crashes even before reaching EBS, just the transponder it is on. When I scanned, it froze and shut down. So I deleted the whole transponder from the list, then everything was fine.
But now I'm back at 19.2E, and it sure feels like home :)
I'm now waiting patiently for Domino Day on RTL II in November.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you want to have a look at EBS, just put the tp back manually 12476 H
27500 3/4 and set the channel up with VPID 101 APID 202 for English.

Then add in XStream V551 A552
Mesopotamia V701 A702
2M Maroc V601 A 602

astra19E

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital - Freeview - FTA Digital Satellite (19E) - Broadband
My Location
S. Lanarkshire
Box crashed before getting near it!
I'm back at 19E, which seems to have gotten much smuttier in the last few months.