My New dish

frund

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
triax 1.1 tm 1500ci+ dm patch. Moteck 2100. Intel 4300 based pc . LG7500. 32" lcd
My Location
Wales. UK.
I think it's a bit big you would have got hotbird with half that size.

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
frund said:
I think it's a bit big you would have got hotbird with half that size.

you can get hotbird on a pan with a broom stick with an lnb taped to it ;) O-Ha

Tonito

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Illusion M2 M3 e M6.
My Location
Portugal
lol, that would be nice. I just asked because I believe that that every satellite has coverage on the whole hemesphere but out of the footprint the signal will fade away the further it gets, I guess a dish that size would pick up enough "faint signals" do focus on its focal point to get a viewable signal. But that's just me talking... I mean, if it can pick up those very faint radiations from stars light years away it sure would be enough to gather enough signal from any satellite above horizon even if it's far from the footprint. Am I making any sense?

ouagadougou

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2m NERA Prime Focus Dish for C/ku Bands, DM500, SkyStar2, Technomate 5500CIP, Force 1122.
My Location
Stockholm & Windhoek Namibia
You arent gauranteed to get everything outside the normal footprint even with that size of dish and that reflector is not very accurate at ku-band either. You still need enough gain to recover the signal no matter how weak it is so you might find that a dish designed for ku-band that is only half the diameter of that one has just as much gain.

Interference would also be a big problem with that dish when looking for the weaker sats because although your sidelobes are way down in level compared to the main beam they still have quite a lot of gain themselves so you would still pick up reasonable signal level off the main beam for some of the stronger sats like Hotbird.

Cheers.

Tonito

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Illusion M2 M3 e M6.
My Location
Portugal
Ok thanks, it was a hypothetical question. But it's cool to have someone answering it :D