www.thecaretakers.net
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo, Duo2
85cm Fracarro Penta dish
Inverto BLACK Ultra QUAD
My Location
South East Coast, England
Hi,

I'm new to the world of Satellite TV. I decided to go FTA after my SkyHD box blew up. I purchased a Foretec Passion HD and was running it off a Zone 1 Sky dish. Wanting to get more out of my system, I've just put up a TechniSat Multytenne aluminium dish with 4 LNBs preset for 19.2°E, 13°E, 23.5°E and 28.2°E with In-built DiSEqC 4/1 switching.

It was reasonable easy to install, getting the optimum signal on all 4 LNBs took time and patients. It gives me 1,309 FTA channels (and picks up almost 3,000 free & premium channels in total, not including radio). I live on the Southeast coast of the UK and get a signal and quality of 70-80% on almost all tps.

It works suprisingly well for such a small dish. For a beginner like me, I would highly recommend it.

Must admit, after reading some of your posts about 3 or 4m dishes, it makes mine feel so small lol:-rofl2

Attachments

• sat.jpg
    sat.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 581
  • DSC00215.jpg
    DSC00215.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 682

djsimo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800, Gibertini 1m dish with 0.2db LNB,OpenMedia 500 cs (dk Image),Skystar 2 DVB card+ProgDVB-S2EMUv1.28.1+VPlug
My Location
Kettering, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
thecaretaker said:
Hi,

Must admit, after reading some of your posts about 3 or 4m dishes, it makes mine feel so small lol:-rofl2

It perfect size for the sats you are getting, any bigger would be wasted, only need bigger for a few of the western sats.

Looks nice and neat and channel switching between sats should be quick :)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Nice Install :)
LNB looks massive :D :D
Give a brief on how you set it up. I assume it's centred on 19e

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Set one up a few months back, they are a good dish and with the matched LNb cluster, it works quite well, only of course gives you the strong channels on 23.5. :)

I seem to remember that the diseqC port numbering was not in the order I was expecting, but after looking at the instructions, I set up on one LNb and the others came in automatically. :)

thecaretaker

Reaction score
Website
www.thecaretakers.net
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo, Duo2
85cm Fracarro Penta dish
Inverto BLACK Ultra QUAD
My Location
rolfw said:
Set one up a few months back, they are a good dish and with the matched LNb cluster, it works quite well, only of course gives you the strong channels on 23.5. :)

I seem to remember that the diseqC port numbering was not in the order I was expecting, but after looking at the instructions, I set up on one LNb and the others came in automatically. :)

Yes, I did exactly the same. I assumed the LNBs were lined up to the satellites positioning 1-13E, 2-19.2E, 3-23.5E and 4-28.2E. After 2 hours trying to work out what was wrong and trying to understand the German only text, I spotted a single sheet at the bottom of the packaging that explained 1-19.2E, 2-13E, 3-23.5E and 4-28.2E. I adjusted the Passion HD box and all fell into place. Just a little tweaking gave me the best results for all positions.

I'm lucky, it does pick up most off of 23.5E, just a few high frequencies give no signal. Checking Flysat/Lingsat It's not done bad really.

I wish there were a few more English channels on the others. I didn't realise how few there were. A few of the packages like Premire look interesting, but I understand they are soon to change their encryption, so not a good time to go buying CAMs for that.

With Freesat, maybe a few more FTV channels will go FTA on the Sky package. But I'll not hold my breath.

Yes, switching between channels is almost instant. however, HD channels can take a few extra seconds to work out the stream rate.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Do you happen to remember the set up satellite Rolf, see my post #3

thecaretaker

Reaction score
Website
www.thecaretakers.net
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo, Duo2
85cm Fracarro Penta dish
Inverto BLACK Ultra QUAD
My Location
I did make a reply to you all, but it doesn't seem to have appeared. Are all posts vetted here before appearing? (say he seeing if this post is going to show or not)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Only posts with certain key words are put in a moderation queue, yours seems to have appeared.

Yes, I did exactly the same. I assumed the LNBs were lined up to the satellites positioning 1-13E, 2-19.2E, 3-23.5E and 4-28.2E. After 2 hours trying to work out what was wrong and trying to understand the German only text, I spotted a single sheet at the bottom of the packaging that explained 1-19.2E, 2-13E, 3-23.5E and 4-28.2E. I adjusted the Passion HD box and all fell into place. Just a little tweaking gave me the best results for all positions.

I'm lucky, it does pick up most off of 23.5E, just a few high frequencies give no signal. Checking Flysat/Lingsat It's not done bad really.

I wish there were a few more English channels on the others. I didn't realise how few there were. A few of the packages like Premire look interesting, but I understand they are soon to change their encryption, so not a good time to go buying CAMs for that.

With Freesat, maybe a few more FTV channels will go FTA on the Sky package. But I'll not hold my breath.

Yes, switching between channels is almost instant. however, HD channels can take a few extra seconds to work out the stream rate.

radtv

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
Hi Caretaker, great to see the item I sold you doing so well, and wow the install looks great too.

thecaretaker

Reaction score
Website
www.thecaretakers.net
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo, Duo2
85cm Fracarro Penta dish
Inverto BLACK Ultra QUAD
My Location
southernsatellite said:
Hi Caretaker, great to see the item I sold you doing so well, and wow the install looks great too.

Thanks southernsatellite. I must admit, I've caught the bug now. I'm looking for a motorised dish but being petrified of heights, I need to find somebody brave enough to set one up for me.

I purchased a Technomate 6900 HD and now need a dish to put it through it's paces and make the purchase worth while. (I've still got the PassionHD.)

If you know anybody that can install in the Hastings area can you let me know? Cheers!