My new toy :D

martinuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, C120 Invacom 0.3 LNB & Feedhorn, with Tm.Vbox &Technomate 5402HD
My Location
uk-stoke-on-trent
Captain Jack said:
Thanks. I've seen both variations of the arm bar, some at the top, some at the bottom (nelson_b's is at the bottom), so not sure what the right one is.

Dont you have a sat meter jack? all just fall in to place

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
Captain Jack;1007130 What's the cover for? I've never seen people cover actuator arms (except nelson_b).[/QUOTE said:
Captain Jack said:
Thanks. I've seen both variations of the arm bar, some at the top, some at the bottom (nelson_b's is at the bottom), so not sure what the right one is.

hi -
i don,t know which is correct for the bar . that,s how it was when i bought it second hand about 4 years ago ,

the actuator cover was included in the deal also :)

the setup is looking good C.J. it should be trouble free for years once its all setup -- as you have found the dish and mount is very robust, --
i use the inverto black ultra l.n.b. on mine i,v found it to give the best all round results.

cheers --

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
What about a feed and c120?

----------
Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Got a spare Ultra lying in the garage :D Although I managed to drop it on concrete floor yesterday, so hopefully it's in one piece.....

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Got a question about that actuator. Once I stick it on the mount, during alignment - do I have to drive it using the VBox/drill battery or is there some "catch" that lets me move the actuator in and out by hand (I suspect not)?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
I think you can unscrew some of it but make sure you leave enough so you won't hit the limits.

I didn't bother with one in the end when I got hold of a 1224 motor.

what are you hoping to receive 30e - 30w ?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Ah OK.

Will receive 10E-45W. My eastern arc is very limited due to my house in the way. Penta gets 23.5E (kinda) to 30W. Plus Sky dish at the front of the house getting 28.2E

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
A 24 volt SDS drill battery will slowly move the jack, if you wish to test it.

Set the dish up on the arc first. You can test the alignment by hand. Once happy, attach the actuator to the polar mount / dish. Take note of travel required and set the cam limits to suit.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
satelliteman said:
Set the dish up on the arc first. You can test this by hand.

My biggest gripe is fixing the dish in place without the actuator and without it moving when trying to align it by hand... I'll think of something.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
My final bits arrived today, the 18" actuator (which feels like a weapon) and the VBox. Fun, fun tonight (if it doesn't rain and I can get the light in the back garden).

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Result..... look forward to the final pictures.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Which vbox did you buy ?

I've had enough of this jaeger vbox 2 I have and want to buy another.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I bought the GBox as suggested earlier in the thread from World of Sat for £25. Super quick delivery...

What's wrong with your version?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Already hit a hurdle - the bolts to attach the jack arm to the mount are 12mm(!), while the holes I drilled on the bar are only 8mm and I don't have any 12mm drill bits. THANKFULLY, I still have that steel tube, which is perfect as it's 12mm outer diameter and 8mm inner, so I can use that as an adapter....

Wouldn't want to shell out for 12mm drill bit...

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
Captain Jack said:
I bought the GBox as suggested earlier in the thread from World of Sat for £25. Super quick delivery...

What's wrong with your version?

It not accurate enough when trying to fine tune weak positions.

I select to move the dish 1 or 2 clicks and it moves the dish double that.

I read the gbox has more accurate counts.

£25 is a very good price going to get myself one of these.

cokeaddict

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Ultimo4K, Uno4K SE, Uno4K, Solo4K, Zero4K, Duo2, SoloSE v1 & v2, Solo2, Ultimo, Uno, Duo, Motorised CM 1.2m dish, Hybrid Titanium Smart Lnb with CM feedhorn and a Zone2 minidish with Inverto Unicable II
My Location
53°E - 45°W
wod said:
It not accurate enough when trying to fine tune weak positions.

I select to move the dish 1 or 2 clicks and it moves the dish double that.

I read the gbox has more accurate counts.

£25 is a very good price going to get myself one of these.

I can confirm the Gbox v5000 (the 1 with the blue badge on it) is spot on.

Only wish I hadn't rushed out and bought it 8 months or so ago, and paid £40 for it, when they have now dropped to £25 at the exact time i've started to use it lol.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Blah. Well, it's up... but there's a slight play in the top flanged bearing making the dish wobble, which makes tracking somewhat inaccurate. The dish landing position differs depending on whether I am driving the dish from the east or west. Annoying....

My current options are, I think, to either a) Loctite the flanged bearing, so that it's not loose or b) get eBay item 250799115961, which should fit the bracket hole snuggly. I am tempted to go for option b as it seems more solid than Loctiting, but then again, I never used Loctite, so I don't know if it will work loose in time anyway. Thoughts? Either way, I need to take the dish down in order to do the work, but hopefully won't need to mess around as much to align it back on track.

The arc I receive is 13E (just about lockable - house in the way) to 37.5W, beyond which I cannot find any usable signal, those 37.5W is booming in on 11684 V carrier. Can someone give me some definitely live and relatively strong frequencies further west? The next Ku band over Europe further west is on 45W and I am not getting anything from there.

Other interesting satellites:

5E - Astra 4A Nordic Beam: 70% SNR on 12054V and 11977V (around 50% from Penta)
1W - Thor/Intelsat: 73% C+ HD on 10934H (54% from Penta - broke up occasionally), 88% on C+ on 11278V (75% from Penta)
7W - AB7: 52% JSC Sports HD 1 on 12476V (41% fron Penta), 33% MBC on 11938V (only receivable in the evening on Penta)

Attachments

• DSCF0015.JPG
    DSCF0015.JPG
    304.8 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCF0016.JPG
    DSCF0016.JPG
    315.5 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCF0018.JPG
    DSCF0018.JPG
    328.2 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCF0021.JPG
    DSCF0021.JPG
    316.2 KB · Views: 102

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
OK, I went out again and did a bit of a Heath Robinson fix. Took out the bearing and wrapped the outside with some self amalgamating tape(!) Then pressed it into the mounting hole and it seems to be much, much better. Tightened up all the bolts, the dish moves smoothly and there is now NO PLAY in the mount at all.

Re-attached the actuator and that doesn't have any play either. However.... the dish still lands short of its stored location. If I travel to 1W from 5E, it's fine. But if I go from 7W to 1W, I need to nudge it a few clicks to get to max signal. Almost like there some play in the jack itself.... Is that possible? Is anything adjustable inside it?

cokeaddict

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Ultimo4K, Uno4K SE, Uno4K, Solo4K, Zero4K, Duo2, SoloSE v1 & v2, Solo2, Ultimo, Uno, Duo, Motorised CM 1.2m dish, Hybrid Titanium Smart Lnb with CM feedhorn and a Zone2 minidish with Inverto Unicable II
My Location
53°E - 45°W
Captain Jack said:
The next Ku band over Europe further west is on 45W and I am not getting anything from there.

Same as you, I can't seem to find either of the 2 active ku band transponders on 45°W, but then I always had issue's getting 1 of the 2 there, with my old Triax TD110 and diseqc motor.

I have a feeling that the signal might have been reduced there (could be wrong).

As for your AB7 signal, seems to be pretty much the same as mine.

I scanned in 724 services from there last night.

Can't help with your 1°W issue though i'm afraid.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Where is the slight play exactly?