My newest baby

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Acquired one of these (Matrix Reloaded pictured below) the other day, have got to say that I am very impressed. Have only used it on 30W so far, but like the way it operates sans card and AUs very quickly, more info to come. :)

Also bought myself a CAS interface from Duolabs, this will reflash Magic Modules, some embedded UCAS modules and of Course the Matrix Reloaded. It is an ideal unit for those that still have one of the knackered MMs froma few months back. Make sure when you order that you also order the lead for it......I didn't.
rolleyes.gif

CAMs which can be programmed using the CAS.
Axxas
Kid
Global
Beta
Matrix
Matrix Reloaded
Ucas (Universal)
Joker (being investigated by duolabs)

>COR<

Reaction score
My Location
Sneek, HOLLAND
I hope the delivery wasn't a heavy one m8 :D.
Working well here just all my own reprogrammed cams with CAS interface.
Cheers,

Cor.

:D

allan238

Reaction score
My Location
west of england
Indeed rolfw an excellent bit of kit.
Like yourself I haven't had a lot of chance to experiment. I did notice sound problems on Premiere but using DaveM file soon solved that.
What I'm curious about is when the next upgrade becomes available which would be the best. Two 5\6 fun cards or the cass interface? Bearing in mind that apart from the Matrix I would probably have no further use for the interface. I suppose it is a case of ease of use and cost involved.
Must thank cor and everyone else for the knowledge made available. It is indeed a great cam and I'm looking forward to all threads devoted to it.
Allan
happy.gif

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would reckon that it is probably worth punting for the CAS, the big funcards are not cheap and you can get a good deal direct from Duolabs for the CAS. They also do them at Hi-Sat and Waferworld, there may well be more uses at a later date for the CAS as well.

>COR<

Reaction score
My Location
Sneek, HOLLAND
Hi,

It might be worth to wait for the new version of the programmer, that will work with an pcmcia slot in wich the cam goes for programming.

The CAS interface we now have works like a dream, just be carefull wth the contacts on the interface programming card.
Insert carefully slowly, with your nails depressing them a little till they are in the cam.

Then all is easy peasy :D

Cheers,
Cor.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
That sounds interesting Cor, so it would be a completely stand alone solution (apart from the computer that is).

>COR<

Reaction score
My Location
Sneek, HOLLAND
Hello Rolf,

Yes m8, from the chat i had with Rick, this is exactly the case, the pcmcia solution is just one improvement, not making our programmers outdated by any way.

He came up with the idea after a lot of people had problems in their recievers to power the cams while programming.
And, not everyone has a laptop like me 40 cm's from the reciever......:D
Personally i think programming through the pcmcia slots is the solution to go, if it is possible to reprogram chips inside that way we don't need different programmer cards for the different platforms out there, but the CAS interface i now use will for the time beeing not be added to the pile in the attic :D

Details for that new programmer will be out in a few weeks.
Cheers,

Cor.

allan238

Reaction score
My Location
west of england
Interesting reply from you two gentlemen.
It is certainly worth waiting a while. I am fortunate enough to have a Laptop as well as my Desktop So I think I will wait and see what happens.
This is certainly an interesting time for us hobbyists.
Allan

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Certainly is Allan, of course the original CAS will still be the best for flashing embedded UCAS receivers, so it will always have a use. :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I'm waiting for confirmation of availablility of the Clanzer PCMCIA adaptor for the CAS, should be about £20 and will simply replace the plug in card.

radiotech

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
USA
Hi, if i only have a matrix reloaded cam. Do i need to purchase the CAS interface? i have a laptop which equiped with two PCMCIA slots. Can i add or edit the provid and re-flash the matrix reloaled with the laptop.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No you can't unfortunately, it's either the CAS or Fun 5 or Fun 6 cards.

radiotech

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
USA
thanks for the reply, Rolfw. I already have one funcard 5 and one funcard 6. would it be enough to program the maxtrix reload cam. Thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, ideally two of the six or three of the five, but you can do it with one, just takes a little longer.

radiotech

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
USA
Hi Rolfw, i have another question: what/where is the boxkey of the matrix reload. is it the same as the magic cam. by the way, i ordered one matrix reloaded from the den's site. still waiting for my order to arrive.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Don't know about the boxkey Radiotech, as the CAM autoupdates on Nagravision, so have never needed to make a card for it.

radiotech

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
USA
Hi Rolfw,
I have a Bec 6600+ci and matrix reloaded (MR1.05). Since you also have the BEC6600ci, i would like to ask you another question. every time i turn off the BEC, and turn it back on. The BEC does not recognize the MR. I have to extract the MR and re-insert it, then the BEC recognizes the MR. does yours have the same problem? MY BEC has the latest firmware (V.8). Thank you in advance.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I did load the 1.05 Radiotech, but found that it wouldn't work as well with the combination I required, so I reloaded 1.04, didn't leave it in long enough for it to misbehave I'm afraid.

Sounds like the problems I had before I updated the software

radiotech

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
USA
I loaded my MR back to 1.04. Rolfw, you can use a lap top to load the MR. very quick, normally it took about 30 seconds to load the MR. I use a Dell, 90Mhz (old laptop), OS= win98. You just have to install the UCAS loader 1.3 from the Den. Update by funcard5 took a long time. The MR and My bec6600ci work quite well with nagra (most globecast channels in Telstar 5, NA). I still cannot make them to work with irdeto1. I have to use funcard 6-in-1 file. The emulation mode of MR does not work at all with nagra, irdeto 1. Very strange though. may be North America systems are different from Euro systems?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I presume that you need the UCAS or MM loader to insert in the MR, haven't got one of these, so may go the MutzNutz route.