My PC asked to see my dongle…

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Is it just me or does this seem like an odd thing for an program to ask when you install it?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not uncommon for commercial programs, particularly those in the engineering industry, what does this program do PoloMint?

malling

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Midlands UK
Think it is some kind of 3d rendering package.....

The dongle when supplied is used in com port or usb I suppose now.

Remember this from the amiga days and was used with amigas to make babylon 5.

Perhaps someone will correct me as I am p****d an a bit confused!!!!

Perhaps a donmgle will be usefull in in use for a Pc breath test so it wont let u post shit on forums when u r under the influence.... oh dear...

cheeps malling.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Fife, Scotland
The program is indeed a 3D drawing one. I was only installing it check that it had downloaded correctly (it had corrupted a few times before) and instead of the usual messages I got asked to connect my dongle.

Actually seemed quite funny at the time.

Of course if I had the box and manual I would know that the FEC I am supposed to do in the program (I might even have a dongle!), but then again I would also have a huge Visa bill.

malling

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Midlands UK
have u tried kazaa polomint there is the crack and the full program, tutorials and the manual!!!

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Yip, that’s where I got it from (well KazzaLite actually) but the first time it wouldn’t extract properly, and the manual is still ‘searching for more sources’.

More to the point, where did this Avatar come from? HeHe it’s great, thanks!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Saw it when i was browsing around last night, thought you'd like it, here is the whole original advert, you may want to have a play with it.

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Regarding letting your computer or anyone else see your dongle, I don't think they can touch you for it.

Not nowadays anyway!

Regards

W.H.

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
LightWave 3D by Newtek was used for all of the 3D animation (the plane, the car, the environment). on this film which you should watch as its a short film but very funny. This is a good example of what lightwave can do if you know how to use it.

http://www.405themovie.com

If it is looking for a dongle then usually it is just a hardware protection that fits into your port so the software will run. There is also one around for the high res version of "filmlook" which is a plug in for after effects which makes normal digital video such as mini dv look more like 35mm film. This plug in would cost around £2000 but is only a file about 2 megs or so. There are illegal cracks circulating the web for many of these hardware protected packages which often come packaged with a hardware card also.

The makers of 405 the movie apparently used backup copies :) of original software and i heard that they now are not allowed to sell the film because of copyright infringment which is why i suspect there are now 10 buyers on amazon.com awaiting a second hand copy as it is no longer available. My friend tried to buy it and that is what amazon said. It was off the market.

malling

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Midlands UK
Is the full film 3mins long starman??? If it is you can get this file off of kazaa or go to the web site starman posted and right click one of the hi quality files then save target as. Only about 9meg file using either method.

Malling.:)

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Thats right mailing but the good thing about the actual purchasing of the tape is that it has a section after the film which shows you how they actually made it using the various software packages and going through the various techniques that they used. Sorry i should have pointed that out. :rolleyes: