my receiver can't find the channels I want?

krassi22

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
cyprus
Hello all,

I have a 6in1 patched Humax 5400Z and for the past three years I hace scanned for channels on Hotbird, Telstar12, and Serius2 and have never experienced problems with finding channels (of course following lyngsat's frequenies, symbol rates, etc).

Yesterday, I received an original irdeto card for viewing a package of about 15 channels on Hellas Sat 2. I turned one of my dishes on to this sat, and managed to find a very strong signal (89%). There are only about 30 channels on Hellas Sat, out of which only the 15 I want are encrypted, the rest are FTA. After I scanned (btw I tried manual search, automatic search, and advance search) the sat, my Humax found all the FTA channels, but skipped the 15 encrypted ones! After searching the precise freq, it shows the usual grey box EMPTY, which normally is filled up with the channels it finds. As if they are invisible?!? I press the "save" button, but it then says that there is nothing to save!

The irdeto card that I have is brand new, and is not yet activated. Other people I know that have this package, tell me that I must first download the encrypted channels, then insert my card, and within minutes, it will be automatically activated and the channells will start running. The worse thing is that my friends' receivers are much more simplier, cheaper, and unknown than mine!

Do you guys think that I need to firstly get my card activated and then try to scan for these channels? I can not explain this strange behaviour of my Humi?

Thanks

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
In the dedicated channel search I trust you have set the last two lines of the screen to 'no', this will prevent the receiver from ignoring the scrambled channels, and allow the receiver to scan the transponder more than once

krassi22

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
cyprus
Channel Hopper said:
In the dedicated channel search I trust you have set the last two lines of the screen to 'no', this will prevent the receiver from ignoring the scrambled channels, and allow the receiver to scan the transponder more than once

Sorry CH, I should have mentioned that I have set the Automatic Skip to "NO". To be honest, out of frustration, I have tried a million combinations with NO+No, Yes+No, you name it --> I've tried it :)

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I will try tonight (I am borrowing a patched unit with firmware 3.2 in it ) and let you know

krassi22

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
cyprus
Cheers CH!

Just to add something insteresting: Using humbox 4.1 settings editor I downloaded xamuh_68.5east_58west_0101.hnf in order to compare and eventually to import the missing channels to my Humax. Guess what: not even one of the encrypted channels from that package is on that list! Just the FTA are on it - no wonder my receiver "scans blanks".

There is something very peculiar about this?!

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Got the Greek channels finally , but you are right, something is not OK with the firmware

The way to do it is to scan in the correct frequency/ SR and FEC, perform the scan, but before storing, delete one of the channels found using the red button option. Then store the rest in the usual way.

Two providers will be shown - Bulsatcom for the Greek and Deutsche Telekom A for the Spice Platinum channel.

Still not sure why its doing it though. Im not using any editing firmware for the receiver

krassi22

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
cyprus
Hi CH,

Thanks for the suggestion, however, you are one step ahead of me - you can see the channels and then you go on to delete one of them. I, on the other hand, can not reach to the stage where I can see the channels (in order to delete one of them).

krassi

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Before they are stored, the list of channels (on this receiver anyway) are shown on the screen as a list, its at that point that one should be deleted.
(set auto skip and Network to 'NO')

krassi22

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
cyprus
Exactly my point CH,

My list is EMPTY. The grey box (which usually comes up on the screen containing the scanned channels) is completely blank. It scans as normally, the signal is there, the automatic skip and network are "NO", but I can not see the channels when scanning finishes.

miloud4u

Reaction score
hallo,you have to get the right position,and you have to active astra2 in the antenna seting,you dount need a irdetto pcmcia because the humax5400z is emmballed irdetto acces???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

psats

Reaction score
if you load a chnl lists with the pc with all chnls then you can delete the ones you dont want