My receiver's smart card slots -embedded?

blackninja

Reaction score
I've got a Smart Centurio CI receiver (by Wela) that I bought from Ebay a few months back, shown here:
http://www.satellite-heaven.de/index.htm?jump=Receiver/wela.htm
(9th receiver down)
However in addition to the CI slots on the receiver there are also two smart card slots. Now from what I've learnt from this forum doesn't that usually mean the receiver is embedded with some encryption? (I've noticed other Smart receivers embedded with Viaccess but the descriptions of the Centurio don't say anything specific)

My receiver came with an Irdeto FreeCam, but even with Opos that now seems useless. Out of interest does anyone know anything about this OpenTel thing on the above link? Could I update my receiver for TPS using this?

blackninja

Reaction score
blackninja said:
I've got a Smart Centurio CI receiver (by Wela) that I bought from Ebay a few months back, shown here:
http://www.satellite-heaven.de/index.htm?jump=Receiver/wela.htm
(9th receiver down)
However in addition to the CI slots on the receiver there are also two smart card slots. Now from what I've learnt from this forum doesn't that usually mean the receiver is embedded with some encryption? (I've noticed other Smart receivers embedded with Viaccess but the descriptions of the Centurio don't say anything specific)

My receiver came with an Irdeto FreeCam, but even with Opos that now seems useless. Out of interest does anyone know anything about this OpenTel thing on the above link? Could I update my receiver for TPS using this?

Bit of wishful thinking on my part I think. Tried inserting an Opos card into the slots and it didn't seem to fit. The slot seemed too big - maybe a kind of card that's been phased out?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Are you sure it's not a toaster? O-Ha