RimaNTSS

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Hobbyist will come tomorrow to pickup 1.8m Prodelin. He said he will transfer it on the roof of his Zafira and it is more than 100km travel! Will see how it goes..... in worse case scenario I can loan my trailer to him. To make antenna ready to be installed I made this LNB-holder. Original feedhorn and adopted twin LNB will also go with antenna.

Attachments

RimaNTSS

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Fixed CM 0.9m on the mount I've got last week. Used 300mm (diameter) plate between the mount and the dish. Then discovered that I run out of proper size bolts which go through face of the dish. Of course I could get them next week from the shop, but just made them longer IMG_20180428_220539 (Large).jpg
It is too late to go outside and install dish, will do that tomorrow.

Attachments

RimaNTSS

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
While drinking my morning coffee, I hanged antenna on the pole. I must say, it is very strong and stable. I think that also 1.2m antenna could easily go on this mount. BTW, beside Azimuth & Elevation control, this mount also has possibility to skew the whole dish ~10*.

Attachments

RimaNTSS

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
I've started too work on the diagram of all connections which I am going to follow this summer. It is not fully complected as there are still some question marks. But my main target is to get 4 lines from 10 quad LNBs to the house, one line from another 10 antennas and reception from one H-H antenna. What is in the dotted red line is stuff in the garage, the rest is outside. All together 3 receivers with 11 tuners plus TV with built-in satellite tuner. There are also 4 terrestrial tuners in the system. So, together 15 satellite dishes and 2 terrestrial ones.
Receivers are green, dishes are yellow, DiseqCs (5 pieces 4/10) are in blue. Altogether 13 Quad LNBs and 7 Single or Twin LNBs. 15 dishes.... maybe little bit more.

Attachments

S

stephenG

My Satellite Setup
Echostar HDS-600RS, Topfield 6000F, 150cm Gibby dish + "twin dish"quad LNB & Gibby feedhorn;
My Location
Grasse, France
RimaNTSS

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Funny, but this LNB with the feedhorn went to another user last week, as he bought my 1.8m Prodelin. Friend of mine made LNB adaptation to feedhorn. Unfortunately that friend passed away couple of years ago :( but I am sure that @Trust1 can help you in this issue.

RustySpoons

RustySpoons

Sleepy Hollow
My Satellite Setup
50E - 30W
CM 1.2m Polar Mount/Jack
65E- 65W
Gibertini 1m OP100 - STAB HH100 - Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 Twin
Mutant HD51
Edision Primo IP S2
Dreambox DM800HD
Venton Unibox HD2
Sony Bravia 50W829 DVB-S2 Tuner
My Location
South Wales
Got the package today. Guess what was inside :rolleyes: ! Yes, new toys for playground. Thanks @Trust1
Have you now got a full collection of CM Dishes? :wub:

st1

st1

SMC-dish aficionado
My Satellite Setup
Mostly SMC dishes pointing at 28.2E
My Location
Nordsjælland, Denmark
Cassagrain came with no mount, so made one.
Now how is that for statement on this forum??
Eh, lads, if you are lacking a mount at any time, just make one...
:eek:

Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Модератор
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Nice dish. I like these unusual ones... Whatever happened to Arcon Sweety?

Last edited:
RimaNTSS

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
My .75 CM came with original (I think) Az/El mount. But for well known reasons I will not be installing it :N. However, it is interesting design. I could use some mount from CM 120, but this antenna has different distance between the holes. So, creating new mount for small brother of CM family. Still thinking how to connect it to vertical pipe :-wow

Attachments

RimaNTSS

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
I have always thought that CM standardized everything as much as possible. But , in case of 75cm antenna it is not true. First of all, as I already mentioned, distance between the holes for mount are different from what 0.9m-1m-1.2m antenna have. And secondly, LNB-holder is different and also the way how feedarms connected to it is also different. IMG-20180517-WA0000.jpgIMG-20180517-WA0001.jpg
But who cares about this if I made special mount, feedarms and LNB-holder for this beautiful dish. Made a test for LNB holder- tightened rope to the end of it and hanged antenna to the ceiling, together about 6kg. Test passed. IMG_20180517_154257 (Large).jpg
The mount will be hold by 30x3mm pipe. IMG_20180517_171515 (Large).jpgIMG_20180517_171538 (Large).jpg
Feedarms are 60/60/40cm in lengths and extendable, so will be no problems to locate LNB in proper position. IMG_20180517_171526 (Large).jpg
LNB-holder will be exactly the same as on other CM antennas in my yard. IMG_20180517_171605 (Large).jpg

Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Модератор
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
st1

st1

SMC-dish aficionado
My Satellite Setup
Mostly SMC dishes pointing at 28.2E
My Location
Nordsjælland, Denmark
I made special mount, feedarms and LNB-holder for this beautiful dish.
Excellent work, @RimaNTSS!
Great to see such DIY enthusiasm with a streak of "because-you-can"...