My Satellite Setup
OpenBox
SKY+
Pioneer XED 50" Plasma
B&W Surround Speaker
DENON AV/DVD Player
Rel Quake Sub
Hi

I tried to upgrade the firmware on my box, I used AUC_HEditv and Arion.exe to upload the file. After doing so the Box game me the 88-88 and I keep getting CREP on the display. I spoke to someone and he said it was a bad firmware. He advised me to get a 10pin J-Tag Cable. Any how what do I need to do to get the BOX Up and running again.

Please help as it is completely useless at them moment.

Thanks in advance

Below is PIC of the Reciver Board
DSC00237.JPG

rockchang

Reaction score
Website
dvb.nease.net
My Satellite Setup
hp7800---perfect arion-1700 clone receiver! +

coolsat 4000pro +

pansat 2500a +

starsat sr-x200ci +

infinity usb+cas interface 2+matrix reloaded
My Location
china
hi, buddy,

i am sorry to hear that~~

CPER means "compare error", it means u didnt download the right firmware.and i often meet this problem.

jtag isnt a necessary job.

if u can find the right software(*.auc) , u will be able to fix it just with a com port download.

just call u dealer and let him send u the right upgrade software!

good luck!!

rockchang

Reaction score
Website
dvb.nease.net
My Satellite Setup
hp7800---perfect arion-1700 clone receiver! +

coolsat 4000pro +

pansat 2500a +

starsat sr-x200ci +

infinity usb+cas interface 2+matrix reloaded
My Location
china
try this software to fix ur receiver, i have just found it...

openbox 5

Mahdi007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OpenBox
SKY+
Pioneer XED 50" Plasma
B&W Surround Speaker
DENON AV/DVD Player
Rel Quake Sub
Thanks Rock, you are always willing to help. Will download and try it, will let you know hwo it goes

rockchang said:
try this software to fix ur receiver, i have just found it...

openbox 5

Mahdi007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OpenBox
SKY+
Pioneer XED 50" Plasma
B&W Surround Speaker
DENON AV/DVD Player
Rel Quake Sub
Ok, managed to get it.. however I do not have channels like TPS and Multi.Vision, thanks for helpping me get up and running again. Please keep an eye out for the latest firmware fo ths BOX

McDude

Reaction score
Mahdi mate. My friend has the same receiver as you and everything works fine. Firstly try and check the keys then edit for multivision. press menu then 19370 then enter 2486. Go to the games option and open the editor and check if you have correct keys (assuming your receiver doesn't autoupdate).

Alternatively, my friend uses startrack world-in-box (FTA) software in his receiver and it works well, but you have to use the new autoarioner to load the software.

You can also go here _h**p://w*w.af1700.nm.ru/ang/index.htm and use openbox af1700 software dated 25.03.05. Again use autoarioner.

It installs software pretty slowly so be patient and wait until you get message the download was successful.

Both these softwares work, guaranteed.

Also ensure that when you open autoarioner that your receiver isn't plugged in. Open the file you want then plug in receiver. There is no 'send' button.

Good luck

Mahdi007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OpenBox
SKY+
Pioneer XED 50" Plasma
B&W Surround Speaker
DENON AV/DVD Player
Rel Quake Sub
McDude said:
Mahdi mate. My friend has the same receiver as you and everything works fine. Firstly try and check the keys then edit for multivision. press menu then 19370 then enter 2486. Go to the games option and open the editor and check if you have correct keys (assuming your receiver doesn't autoupdate).

Alternatively, my friend uses startrack world-in-box (FTA) software in his receiver and it works well, but you have to use the new autoarioner to load the software.

You can also go here _h**p://w*w.af1700.nm.ru/ang/index.htm and use openbox af1700 software dated 25.03.05. Again use autoarioner.

It installs software pretty slowly so be patient and wait until you get message the download was successful.

Also ensure that when you open autoarioner that your receiver isn't plugged in. Open the file you want then plug in receiver. There is no 'send' button.

Good luck

Thanks McDude, will give it a go and post updates here. Also I am after a program that will allow me to download my grouped channels before updating any firmware? is there any software as such? i.e. I have cirtain channels on Hotbird at the start and everytime I update the Firmware I end up orgnising it all over again. Any help would be appericiated.

Thanks

Mahdi007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OpenBox
SKY+
Pioneer XED 50" Plasma
B&W Surround Speaker
DENON AV/DVD Player
Rel Quake Sub
McDude said:

Good luck

by the way the _h**p://w*w.af1700.nm.ru/ang/index.htm don't work, you sure that is the correct site?

McDude

Reaction score
The website works fine mate. Try to fill in the missing letters where u see *. That should solve the problem. i put a * so as not to create a live link to that website
The startrack site is starsw.com. Use world in box I software if you continue to have problems connecting to the above site, but all should be o.k

long2276944

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite
McDude said:

Good luck

I download Openbox sw from here but the logo is Perguson

TISHTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-
My Location
Lebanon
I have a problem with my receiver openbox f100. All the spanish channels of hispasat where open until 26/march/06. Is there a new code or is it my receiver? Please help

bilom

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AF 1700 receiver
My Location
Lebanon
Hi Guys,
Can anyone tell me how to control my AF 1700 receiver from the PC without the remote control???