my wierd dm 500

saldasyl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
connected ot hotbird and sky
My Location
England
i got a disec with hotbird , astra 1 and astra 2 ..

i set up my dreambox with 4 way disec settings for the above satellites..
now when i scan for channels from astra 1 it scans sky uk channels but not all of them.. and when i scan astra 2 it scans sky uk as well but very few.

and when i go to manual transponder scan and scan for 11914 which are sky sports channels it does not get a lock on astra 2 or astra 1..

what is wrong with my dish? ive spent days sorting this out.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Either your astra 1 setting is connected to the astra 2 lnb, or the switching isnt set up right somewhere.

I would say your lnb/dish alignment is awry somewhere too.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Disconnect the disecq switch to begin with, and run a solitary cable from receiver to each lnb in turn. This will allow you to tweak the alignment of the dish knowing that you are definitely on the right satellite. Once you are happy with the alignment(s) then reconnect the disecq switch and sort out your switching.

saldasyl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
ok what i tried now is i took my box to my friends place who has the same setup as me .. and the box does the same in his house tooo..
it works fine on some astra 2 channels like it did in my house. but on some like sky sports it says service not found.. and the same happens ( scans astra2 channels) when i scan astra 1 ..

dasteelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm transparent dish
85cm Penta Dish (motored)
Black Ultra LNB
VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Quali-TV (4:2:2)
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
I have exactly the same problem on skysportsnews, skysportsxtra and a few others.

try the channels id name "sp1" this is skysports1

saldasyl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
dasteelman said:
I have exactly the same problem on skysportsnews, skysportsxtra and a few others.

try the channels id name "sp1" this is skysports1

i will try those but this problem is on majority of the channels like channel five, star plus , star gold, star one and more..

i think the tuner inside the box is faulty..

Storm55

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mondeal 7500 + Dragon cam. 1M moveable dish
DB500s
My Location
Torbay, Devon
is your 500 the atest model. My 1st 500 had the lower powered power supply and it had the same faults. I had to replace it.

the only test you can do is loop the 500 through another receiver (any kind) and use the tuner in that receiver to receive channels through a scan. if this works the tuner in 500 has gone.

saldasyl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
Storm55 said:
is your 500 the atest model. My 1st 500 had the lower powered power supply and it had the same faults. I had to replace it.

the only test you can do is loop the 500 through another receiver (any kind) and use the tuner in that receiver to receive channels through a scan. if this works the tuner in 500 has gone.

yes m8 its the Si model . i have sent the box back to where i bought it from. hopefully they will sort it out and fix a new tuner.