mytheatre.exe

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Using mytheatre v2.76 when I shut up and exit the program it closes it but the mytheatre.exe is still left running as a process in windows xp task manager. I have to ‘ctrl alt delete’ and manually end the process before I can run it again or use eol? Tried reinstalling a few times.

Anyone else have this problem or know a cure?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I only get this if it crashes when I'm using it. From that point on, it will continue to run in the background (no matter how many times I start/stop the app.) until I kill it, or reboot. I sometimes end up with more than one copy executing at once.

Do you sometimes/often get a "MyTheatre.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" message?

adasil2002

Reaction score
I also installed Mytheatre. It is openning and closing normally. The only thing I find hard to do is include a new satellite (Pas7/10) to its predefined list of satellites so that I can watch some channels from there. Can someone help to solve that?

regards,

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
@bgonastick

Not just me then? Get a few error messages now & again, I guess v2.76 still has a few bugs.

adasil2002

Reaction score
Pullet_Surprise said:
@bgonastick

Not just me then? Get a few error messages now & again, I guess v2.76 still has a few bugs.
I should tell you that it was ok for me as I could not open any channel. Now that I cofigured the DisEq for Pas7/10, even without putting any Plug-Ins, it is not openning the FTA channles - when I try so, it blocks (Stops from running - I must force its end). So, you may be right or there is something that I am missing too.

Regards,

PS. Even with the MT 3.12 version. Try the ProgDVB 4.26 - It is much easier to work with, even myself can help you installing that :rolleyes: .

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Pullet_Surprise said:
@bgonastick

LOL, it's a case of "living with it" aswell, as the later versions are worse, and they're not even free!

I'm waiting for programs live alt-dvb and dvbdream to catch up in terms of stability, then I'll swap.