MyTheatre Scanning Sat hangs?

pedro

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Trying to run up MyTheatre, which looks like a very nice program. Its ver 2.75 typical install on win2000 with TwinHan
card TV@Sat.
When I attempt a scan on a valid tp goes "0 found so far" time keeps incrementing on and on with no result. Trying stop, goes "waiting finish current transponder", cannot close box (need to use Task Manager to close app).
If I run alt program winDVB ver1.1 (came with card), this works ok,
seeming to prove card/pc/dish setup ok.
MyTheatre identified hardware as TwinHan when I installed it, when I tried other Sky settings, the scan dialogue then instantly dispatches ie not found, and going back to check TwinHan then restores the hanging behaviour.
On LNB menu, I did apply Ku-L for my universal LNB OK.
Have reinstalled MyTheatre, same result.
Hopefully you can throw further light on this, have I missed something?
Thanks.
Pedro

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can't say that it's a problem I recognise Pedro, have you tried it with ProgDVB? Unfortunately I don't know anyone else with the twinhan card, but believe that it shouldn't behave any differently from the Skystar.

stan01

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hope this helps,
Select the sat u want then click on KU-L then apply, then on the right hand side sel all then scan when scan is complete use the esc key to exit back to my threatre

pedro

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, Rolfw and Stan01..
I'll try it with ProgDVB?
Have since tried the existing hardware with "DvbTn" and this works.
Stan01.."when scan is complete "...this doesn't happen for me..

Because the program does not find anything, I'm thinking may be the problem relates to the lack of response with the twinhan card ie driver issue? Maybe I should try an earlier (simpler) ver. of MyTheatre?
Any thoughts...
cheers