MyTheatre ...stuck?

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Got the technisat card working with the lastest drivers (XP Pro). Mytheatre will display any chosen channel info at the bottom, so its getting a signal. Using directx v9.0, all drivers upto date sound, video etc. Installed full version of MT v2.65.5 with all req'd codecs etc, I'm using latest softcam. Still cant get picture "Error code xxxxx" and "Cannot initialise directshow playback

I have tried all the xp playback hardware options with no luck. Worked once, before I installed new mobo, ram etc. Cant think what to do next?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: I get error "Cannot Initialize DirectShow". Why?

A: Many causes may produces this error.

Make sure recuired codecs are installed and right registered.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't understand this bit, shouldn't the codecs install automatically?????

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What may be worthwhile is to disable the PC card in the devices list, then restart and enable it, may also be worthwhile uninstalling and re-installing the latest MyTheatre. There certainly seems to be a certain amount of Mobo's that the crad doesn't get on with as well.

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Rolf,

This device is listed twice as:

1. 1394 net adapter.
2. B2C2 broadband receiver pci adapter.

I've disabled 1, tried MT, no luck. Uninstalled them both, rebooted and it only asks for item 2 drivers. XP seems to just add the card as a 1394 net adapter by default?

baztheman

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Washington Tyne & Wear
I found i had that problem after i ran the core update so i could pump the voltage to my H - H motor from my 5kystar2 card but found it worked out ok when i kept the core the same and the skynet.sys was updated.
the dvbcore.dll was causing the video problem,hope this helps...baz

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
thanks fellas,

No joy yet, think I might have to revert to old mobo for now?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have you tried it with ProgDVB Pete?

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
No, but the technisat TV4Pc works. I'd try EZdvb again if I could get hold of it, all the links seem dead?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Just an update for what its worth. The soundcard and sat card were conflicting, not that any clues were given by XP in devices? I had to rearrange the cards one at a time in various pci slots before things worked. This coupled with installing/uninstalling software and drivers was a real headache. The only clue to what was wrong was when lineout sound on the souncard suddenly stopped working after three weeks of it being fine.

Computers who'd ave' em'?