MyTV 68.5

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky X2, Beausat 2004 FTA Plus, Echostar LT-730, twinhan Vision Plus DVB Card. 90cm Nokia Dish, 1.8m Also Manhattan 9650 Analogue
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
MyTV coming good as an alternative to Multichoice SA. We need more of sch on Pas7/10 it is boring being under one provider.
One problem I've seen is that it appears it wants to be providing services differently to some countries (e.g Fox Sports- for Nigeria and Ghana). We need more sports channels. So if they contine like this, whats the point of subscribing? For BabyTV? Be serious! Bring something we need. You are Strong after all.

Captain Beer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
UEC 990 (Digital) PAS7/10
ElSat 350 (Analogue) ex PAS4
My Location
South Africa
Also seen this, pitty it won't work on my Multichoice decoder. Only decent thing on PAS7 is the Supersport channels!

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky X2, Beausat 2004 FTA Plus, Echostar LT-730, twinhan Vision Plus DVB Card. 90cm Nokia Dish, 1.8m Also Manhattan 9650 Analogue
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
anyway, whats the reason for blocking the access to the signal??? Anyone got an idea

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
boot_sectorz said:
anyway, whats the reason for blocking the access to the signal??? Anyone got an idea

Perhaps they don't want you to watch their programs without paying your subscription :rolleyes: :-doh! :-rofl2 O-Ha :eek:

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
@toppervte33h,
Here is the funny thing, I'm a subscriber full time. I get all the rest but the one I want. Actually, I think my 1yr daughter enjoys baby TV than me!
Maybe I should only look at it as a baby's provider! LOL

betasat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m Motorised Dish with Manhattan Plaza ST-550
My Location
SA
MYtv is available in all southern African countries as a pay service but does not have rights to operate in SA, so you can't subscribe there.
The regulator in SA has opened the process for applications for more satellite pay-tv services. but it will be some time before anyone is really up and running.

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
I would love a Pay Service that is good and worth competing against MultichoiceSA.
MyTV is good, but just ends at that. The Fox Sports channels would have made a difference. Really made a difference. But can't get it unless you are in Ghana and Nigeria as their website says. I can't pay for just one channel, BabyTV for that matter. BabyTV is cool and not found on MSA, so thats a point for them. But anything else is closer to what MSA has. So I take my money to MSA and say give me something better and I'll pay for it. I don't mind paying for a service. But it has to be worth it. I have 2 smart cards for MyTV just to show them I'm ready to support them. They in turn should satisify my needs. And my needs are simple: 1. Movies + Sports 2. Movies + Sports 3. Movies + Sports.
From the 3 can't they find something?????:-bash

salamander

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NSS 7, PanamSat 7/10
My Location
Accra, Ghana, West Africa
boot_sectorz said:
MyTV coming good as an alternative to Multichoice SA. We need more of sch on Pas7/10 it is boring being under one provider.
One problem I've seen is that it appears it wants to be providing services differently to some countries (e.g Fox Sports- for Nigeria and Ghana). We need more sports channels. So if they contine like this, whats the point of subscribing? For BabyTV? Be serious! Bring something we need. You are Strong after all.

My TV are not providing anything worth subsricribing to. If they are really serious, they should include movies, and real sports channels. Otherwise, they should concentrate their advert with Kindagarten schools. Anyway, I prefere to watch it free!

copolo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satelite - Fortecstar ultra
Computer setup - connection from a LAN
My Location
zimbabwe
Are we able to watch Mytv on an FTA decoder yet. The information I gathered is that it uses Conax encription, though my Fortecstar Ultra claims its Nagravision. I am in Zimbabwe

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
Unfortunately NO. I wish there was a way to do it.
You just need a card. Maybe one day things will be ok! MAYBE

somma

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm dish, Ku band lnb(single) with wiztec FTA & DSTV decoders
My Location
zimbabwe
boot_sectorz said:
I would love a Pay Service that is good and worth competing against MultichoiceSA.
MyTV is good, but just ends at that. The Fox Sports channels would have made a difference. Really made a difference. But can't get it unless you are in Ghana and Nigeria as their website says. I can't pay for just one channel, BabyTV for that matter. BabyTV is cool and not found on MSA, so thats a point for them. But anything else is closer to what MSA has. So I take my money to MSA and say give me something better and I'll pay for it. I don't mind paying for a service. But it has to be worth it. I have 2 smart cards for MyTV just to show them I'm ready to support them. They in turn should satisify my needs. And my needs are simple: 1. Movies + Sports 2. Movies + Sports 3. Movies + Sports.
From the 3 can't they find something?????:-bash

Yu are very right ,we should let them know. whats the point of discriminating us from seeing FoX Sports etc . What is special about nigeria & Ghana ,yet the service providers want money thru our subscriptions.
'O'

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
Do they know how much money they can make with better services? We crave for good TV. we ready to pay for something good. So give it to us.