n00b Question

baz00ka

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Pakistan
Hi everyone,I am sorry if i am posting in the wrong section since i am new here,so plz be kind :p..

Ok i am a total n00b in the satellites department,and since i am going to get myself a setup soon,so i thought to ask u guyz about something..

Ok here goes,
I phoned the satellite guy and asked him about the details etc,he told me lots of things some of which i understood while some went straight above my head.Anyway,the thing which i am interested to know is this.

I asked him if i can get some pr0n channels on my satellites and well he said there are 2 ways:

1)pay $100 for 3 months and watch 7 channels(i guess he was sayin something about a card(?)

or

2)Pay $5 and get i dunno how many channels for a period of 1 month.But he did mention that these channels can last for 1 month or 15 days or even 2 months....He did mention this was was illegal,but everybodies doin it.

So now i asked how u will do it?He said he will take the reciever from me each month and then put some software on it and the next day i can watch the pr0n channels again....

So i wanted to know,what kind of software he uses?I mean i know loads about computer stuff and the net,but since i am new to this so dont know much,I was thinking that hey if he can do it for $5 only,it has got to be pretty easy and i can do it as well....

Is it possible that i can do what he is doin and dont have to give him the reciever each month etc?what would i be needing for this?

Lastly he said we use hotbird.and the dish size is 8 ft.Didnt ask him about the reciever.

Plz help.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Anything he can do, you can do on your own, he is simply taking free software updates off the net and loading them onto your receiver, this can easily be done yourself, providing you have a PC with serial or USB port.

Welcome to the forum.

baz00ka

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Pakistan
rolfw said:
Anything he can do, you can do on your own, he is simply taking free software updates off the net and loading them onto your receiver, this can easily be done yourself, providing you have a PC with serial or USB port.

Welcome to the forum.

First of all,Two-Thumbs for having SO MANY posts dude!! Respect!;)

Hmmm that is exactly what i needed to know. :)
Thanks a lot bro.

baz00ka

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Pakistan
hey how come i cant Pm u bro?wanted to ask u a couple of things.....

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Due to abuse of the pm system by various members you have to have a certain number of posts (about 20 ?? before you can use the pm system.

Most of the staff ignore general pm's so ask your questions on the forum.

baz00ka

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Pakistan
Analoguesat said:
Due to abuse of the pm system by various members you have to have a certain number of posts (about 20 ?? before you can use the pm system.

Most of the staff ignore general pm's so ask your questions on the forum.

Ok thx for letting me know.

Well i just wanted to get some more info on what he already wrote,like "free software updates ",where i can get them from etc,and also "providing you have a PC with serial or USB port".....Why the need for a serial or usb port?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
basically you connect the receiver to the computer, run a loader programme and transfer modified software across. (the modified software contains keys to open *some* pay tv services)

Dead easy, but not possible with many receivers as the modified s/w isnt available.

Theres plenty of info around the software section of the forum so have a looky around.

baz00ka

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Pakistan
Analoguesat said:
basically you connect the receiver to the computer, run a loader programme and transfer modified software across. (the modified software contains keys to open *some* pay tv services)

Dead easy, but not possible with many receivers as the modified s/w isnt available.

Theres plenty of info around the software section of the forum so have a looky around.

Hey Thanks man.Really appreciate that.:)

Ok one last kinda stupid question..............Would i be needing any special connector for connecting the reciever to the usb port of the computer?or a normal usb cable would do? :$

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Most receivers use the serial port and use either straight through wired cable or more commonly a null modem cable which has some of the wires crossed over internally.

baz00ka

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Pakistan
thx man! appreciate the help.