My Location
Romania
Hello everybody,

I'm very new to this DVB stuff, and I have a small problem:

- I have a Nexus DVB-S PCI card
- have the CI module
- have a legit, paid for, access card for a program stream encrypted in Nagra-2

... and I don't have a CAM!

Can anybody give me any suggestions on what CAM to buy, that would be Nagra 2 compatible? I have looked at Dragon, Matrix etc CAMs but they don't list compatibilities, does it mean they'll work as long as I have the card? Many thanks for any clarifications.

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
i beleive that nag2 is open on a few cams what is your valid card for
icon5.gif

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
What are you trying to watch ???

L:)

symphara

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
?
My Location
Romania
wolfav said:
i beleive that nag2 is open on a few cams what is your valid card for http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif
I'm trying to watch DigiTV on Intelsat 10-02. The access card is what I got when I subscribed to the service. It came together with a Hyundai HSS 1120-NA satellite receiver (a dumbed down version, made just for this provider) and the dish.

All works fine but I don't want the S-Video out of the receiver, I'd like to use the native MPEG2 stream, which is why I got the DVB PCI card (plus, PVR functionality). Unfortunately I have no idea what CAM to buy!

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
as i said a few cams decript n2 or so i beleive but intelsat10-02 i would need a dish that would be two and a half meters (which man only dreams of )so i cant help you sorry m8 unless i'm wrong which the misses will soon tell me with a wry smile whilst holding a carvery knife:-bash

symphara

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
?
My Location
Romania
wolfav said:
as i said a few cams decript n2 or so i beleive but intelsat10-02 i would need a dish that would be two and a half meters (which man only dreams of )so i cant help you sorry m8 unless i'm wrong which the misses will soon tell me with a wry smile whilst holding a carvery knife:-bash
I already have the dish, it's not that big (60cm), and it works fine. Maybe I should be a little more specific - I'm in Bucharest, I already have the system working with the Hyundai receiver, I just want to switch to a HTPC with the DVB card. When you say a few cams decrypt n2, can you be a little more specific? :)

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
My Location
no mans land
matrix reborn 308 and dragon 330 any more spesific if i read correct you can also prog a revolutions cam with 308 but i leave that to the experts reading is mans best friend at least you cant talk to the wife at the same time:-rofl2

symphara

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
?
My Location
Romania
wolfav said:
matrix reborn 308 and dragon 330 any more spesific if i read correct you can also prog a revolutions cam with 308 but i leave that to the experts reading is mans best friend
Thanks, I found the 330 firmware, and information on how to program the CAM. I really needed a pointer in the right direction, being so new to this.

I was just wondering - all these CAMs (Matrix, Dragon etc) seem designed for people who are interested in cracking the various encryptions. If my understanding is correct, once I load the 330 firmware in the Dragon CAM, I won't even need the access card anymore since Nagra is cracked. I'm making absolutely no judgement calls here - but I was wondering if there are just basic, simple legit CAMs that work with N2 without requiring firmware or anything else, just the access card?

sicosul

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
digitv rds-rcs
My Location
Romania
sal
am si eu acceasi problema cu digitv...
am si eu antena cu reciver si mai am un tvtunner leadtek pentru semnal analog si digital...
problema este ca pe semnal digital prind decat 5 posturi romanesti.. in rest nimic...
daca ai reusit cumva sa decodezi semnalul... te rog mult zi-mi si mie cum ai facut...\

multumesc,

Cu respect,

Stancila Marius