BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Nagra Aladdin, AKA Nagra 2.

Some providers are open, but by no means all (at least yet...)

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
N2 isnt open.. apparently its a released key :S

Alan Pee

Reaction score
Yeshi said:
N2 isnt open.. apparently its a released key :S
If its just a released Key: S only why have'nt the providers changed the keys after about 2 weeks of the release. And how were the keys obtained? There must be a hack that gave access to the keys being extracted from the cards that's why the providers haven't been able to change just the keys alone. They know that if they change it, the new keys are still going to be extracted from the cards with the hacked source code. So in a way Nagra2 is hacked.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Nagra 2 was hacked wide open, Kudelski admitted so publicly, but weeks later managed to plug the hole. "Some providers are open" is what I said, and that is true.

We don't know where the keys physically came from, but possibly a card. The Yanks have also had a bunch of N2 stuff open... and don't forget Premiere.

Nagra 2 is shot to bits, even if Kudelski do manage to drag it out a bit longer.

cableman

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
Nagra 2 was hacked wide open, Kudelski admitted so publicly, but weeks later managed to plug the hole. "Some providers are open" is what I said, and that is true.

We don't know where the keys physically came from, but possibly a card. The Yanks have also had a bunch of N2 stuff open... and don't forget Premiere.

Nagra 2 is shot to bits, even if Kudelski do manage to drag it out a bit longer.
So C"bo must be soo pissed off, being in the middle of, or nearly through ,a long planned switch to N2! How long can it be before their card too is compromised? I love this hobby!

rato

International Administrator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800; Nokia 9800s; Nokia 9902S w/T-Rex 3.66
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
Technisat 33 dish; Pace DS430N + Humax HDCI-2000 w/
Gibertini OP 1.25m dish w/Inverto 0.3dB. & Invacom 0.2dB. w/ Spaun SAR 411;
CAS 3;FUN7; SkyStar2; AltDVB;
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
Not only is C'bo pissed off by knowing that N2 is open, but they are with massive complaints from customers due to faulty boxes that could not handle the switchover to the new card. This issue may not be totally resolved, as the new N2 cards were first received by customers in October and the last ones received in late December.