nagra2 hack lasting?

marty80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra/Hotbird
My Location
UK
hi,
i was wondering if it is worth it to pay loads to get a card and programmer when german premiere will be issuing new cards with a new encryption system to their subscribers soon?
i would be grateful for any input.

marty

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its always a risk buying a programmer, as things can and do change from week to week. BUT if you want to play with one, you are better off buying it sooner rather than later whilst theres still stuff open to play with!

marty80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra/Hotbird
My Location
UK
ok, i understand. it's impossible to predict things. still that sounds a bit pessimistic: "whilst theres still stuff open to play with!"...

cheers

marty

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
marty80 said:
ok, i understand. it's impossible to predict things. still that sounds a bit pessimistic: "whilst theres still stuff open to play with!"...

cheers

marty

Well, Polsat has come and gone again in the last fortnight, & TPS is almost certain to go secure in the near future........

marty80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra/Hotbird
My Location
UK
but what about the premiere hack? will it last - perhaps even after the card swap-out and justify the cost of a card and programmer? i'm german, so i'm interested...

cheers

marty

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
marty80 said:
but what about the premiere hack? will it last - perhaps even after the card swap-out and justify the cost of a card and programmer? i'm german, so i'm interested...

cheers

marty

No idea - either take the risk and jump, or dont take the risk and wonder if you should have done for evermore!

bud man

Reaction score
Nagra 2 is open over here in North America, for both Dish and Bell, people buy the programmers and cards, fta boxes like crazy everyday, Its up to you, only you can make the decision, if you want to get the stuff and have fun for a while go ahead, if you want to wait till it's to late then do that :)

I have not heard of any new card swaps over here, I would guess it will be happening sometime though, enjoy it while it lasts.