Names of FTA STB using IC STi5518 in India .

durai_yuvaraj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
beetel
My Location
India
Can anybody help me by providing names of the FTA STB available in India having STi5518 main processor. I am at Chennai. I would like to buy and do experiments.

Thanks..

vjkumar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
16 feet motorised dish for c and ku band,6 ft offset dish,6ft motorised off set Dish,DM500,DM800 HD, Spiderbox 7000HD ,Tecnosat 1100plus,MetaboxIII,(146E to 25.5E)
My Location
Coimbatore -India
Gentleman
The Metabox 3 receivers are available in India .But what u want to do , so that I can be of your help. I live in coimbatore.
vkumar

durai_yuvaraj said:
Can anybody help me by providing names of the FTA STB available in India having STi5518 main processor. I am at Chennai. I would like to buy and do experiments.

Thanks..

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
durai_yuvaraj said:

Thanks..

Try contacting the chip manufacturer STMicroelectronics or his distributor in your location and ask them which OEMs use these chips.
They might be relectant to reply unless you have a business proposition based on these chips.
If you get an answer, don't forget to post it here afterwards as sharing information should be bidirectional.

durai_yuvaraj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
beetel
My Location
India
Thank you very much for your reply. Is it available in chennai or Tamil Nadu market. I want to use rgb output of the processor to display it on the computer CRT/LCD screen.
vjkumar said:
Gentleman
The Metabox 3 receivers are available in India .But what u want to do , so that I can be of your help. I live in coimbatore.
vkumar

durai_yuvaraj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
beetel
My Location
India
It is pure academic interest. Actually I made a contact with Conexant to buy their development board. They said that they don’t have policy of selling it except for volume based business agreement. So I decided to use board available in the market. Since some in formations are available fir STi5518 in the net. I am searching for one. Thank you very much for your reply.

HB13DISH said:
Try contacting the chip manufacturer STMicroelectronics or his distributor in your location and ask them which OEMs use these chips.
They might be relectant to reply unless you have a business proposition based on these chips.
If you get an answer, don't forget to post it here afterwards as sharing information should be bidirectional.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
durai_yuvaraj said:
It is pure academic interest. Actually I made a contact with Conexant to buy their development board. They said that they don’t have policy of selling it except for volume based business agreement. So I decided to use board available in the market. Since some in formations are available fir STi5518 in the net. I am searching for one. Thank you very much for your reply.

Are you trying to evaluate the STi5518 or Conexant chips?
If it is STi5518, then a PCI DVB-S card might be another possiblility, in addition to the FTA STB and they are probably cheaper.
Also you can look for their pictures and you might recognize the chip on the boards as pictures are more readily available on the net than closed FTA bpxes.
Perhaps ST has an evaluation board for this chip?

durai_yuvaraj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
beetel
My Location
India
I want to use rgb output of the processor to display it on the computer CRT/LCD screen. I want to use any FTA STB only for this purpose. I don't consider PCI solution because computer should be on for this purpose. very cheap ALi's M3328C chip based boards and STBs are available in the indian market . but i couldn't source data sheet for M3328C. STi5518 seems feasible solution for me since datasheet is available and i can use JTAG. Any other suggestion is welcome. if any FTA STB with VGA port is available in india market. Pl. let me know

vjkumar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
16 feet motorised dish for c and ku band,6 ft offset dish,6ft motorised off set Dish,DM500,DM800 HD, Spiderbox 7000HD ,Tecnosat 1100plus,MetaboxIII,(146E to 25.5E)
My Location
Coimbatore -India
HELLO

call me if possible 9843532913 , I will let you know the availability.

vkumar

durai_yuvaraj said:
I want to use rgb output of the processor to display it on the computer CRT/LCD screen. I want to use any FTA STB only for this purpose. I don't consider PCI solution because computer should be on for this purpose. very cheap ALi's M3328C chip based boards and STBs are available in the indian market . but i couldn't source data sheet for M3328C. STi5518 seems feasible solution for me since datasheet is available and i can use JTAG. Any other suggestion is welcome. if any FTA STB with VGA port is available in india market. Pl. let me know