canicola

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Head 500 FTA
HB13 - Astra19
My Location
italy
Hi all!
I'm here to ask some clarification, because there's still something that drives me mad.
I had a channel on, from a given coding and provider. I take note of the keys, as read with 7-info.
Then, I edited a softcam file for that provider, putting those keys in it.
Then I made default, so the keys changed, and the channell went off.
Then I put the edited softcam in the decoder, with the keys that were working beforehand.
Well, the channel did not come back on, but when I read the keys they were correctly uploaded, they were the same as when it was working.
Tried plug-out/in, but nothing. I had to make default again and wait because it was an autoroll going one.
So, what is actually done when we upload a softcam? dont't we only write the hex keys like one could manually do in 7-info? Do this keyfile procedure depend on the firmware?
and, by the way, any news about D*+ on hotbird? it's all dark to me, whatever firmware/latest softcam combination I try.....(as I told before, until march 30, D*+ accepted the k*ys, while Pr***re and o*f-e*sy were always on. Might this help?)
Finally, what's the use of florikey? is this to read keys from the receiver? any manual?

Muito obrigado!!

Nic

xpto2000x

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HD500 FTA
My Location
Lisboa
Hello,

So, when you process the default command you tell de receiver to use de keys that where inside de Firm.
Normally, after this action all the key you enter manually (7+ <info>) are clear and the firms one appear.
Try to do this first and after dowload de most recent softcam file.
If it continue not working, shut down (Fisicaly) the receiver , perhaps it will work best :p

I hope this help you. if not, i'm sure that someone will help you better :toke:

sophia

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hispasat, head500
My Location
Grande Lisboa
canicola said:
Hi all!
and, by the way, any news about D*+ on hotbird? it's all dark to me, whatever firmware/latest softcam combination I try.....(as I told before, until march 30, D*+ accepted the k*ys, while Pr***re and o*f-e*sy were always on. Might this help?)
Finally, what's the use of florikey? is this to read keys from the receiver? any manual?

Muito obrigado!!

Nic

Hi canicola,

Sorry I didn't understand the "D*+" on hotbird. Do you mean D+ (spanish provider) or TPS (french) ? TPS is on hotbird but they are off for our receivers since the firm doesn't do AU anymore.
For D+ they give in hispasat or Astra, not hotbird.
So can you be more clear, please.

As for florikey, it's a software that presents the keys for kaka (portuguese provider) and d+. It's usefull because it's meant to avoid the big afluence of the members to the forum when the keys go off. The keys are first updated in florikey and then uploaded into sendspace and posted in our forum.
So instead of searching the foruns for keys you just have to execute the Florikey.

Regards

canicola

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Head 500 FTA
HB13 - Astra19
My Location
italy
Sorry, Sophia, of course I meant the spanish D+ on Astra 19E.
As a matter of facts, I cannot have it working anymore with the 313 firm.
Yesterday I also tried the Absat-version of the 302 firmware. It works on Absat, but D+, with the evening keys, does not light up.
Do you confirm it works on your setup? Should I try pointing the dish to hispasat? Do you think it may make sense?
Too bad AU is not working for the french. Any hope for the near future?
and thanks for tips on florikey, I'll try to play with it, although I'm afraid I'll have to rely on your brilliant work through the forum.

Ciao & thanks

N.

sophia

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hispasat, head500
My Location
Grande Lisboa
canicola said:
Sorry, Sophia, of course I meant the spanish D+ on Astra 19E.
As a matter of facts, I cannot have it working anymore with the 313 firm.
Yesterday I also tried the Absat-version of the 302 firmware. It works on Absat, but D+, with the evening keys, does not light up.
Do you confirm it works on your setup? Should I try pointing the dish to hispasat? Do you think it may make sense?

It should work, canicola. If you see here in KingOfSat you can see D+ transmits in several transponders of Astra 1KR (19.2E) and Astra 1G (19.2E).
So there must be something wrong. Either the dish/lnb are not well pointed to astra , or the keys are wrong.

Are you following the process : First do 7 / info / default and load the last softcam ?
You can also update the keys using your remote control. Thats how I update the keys in my receiver. And it always works.

Too bad AU is not working for the french. Any hope for the near future?

Thers a new firm that has TPS AU and TV Globo: Check the thread Firmwares for He@d.

and thanks for tips on florikey, I'll try to play with it, although I'm afraid I'll have to rely on your brilliant work through the forum.
Any time friend. :)