Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Friendly TV (Sky channel 268) are looking to have regular slots for "NASA TV" programming. They tested yesterday afternoon from 5pm - 6pm.

At the moment it looks like two regular daily 1 hour slots, (4pm and 8pm) with the possibility of longer slots at the weekends.

The details havent been firmed up yet, but its looking very promising if you are interested in space flight, the ISS and so on.

On a technical note, Friendly TV are taking the high speed web feed direct from the NASA site. The Hotbird version of Friendly TV (Babe TV) should be taking the same NASA TV shows.

:cool: :cool:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Analoguesat said:
Friendly TV (Sky channel 268) are looking to have regular slots for "NASA TV" programming. They tested yesterday afternoon from 5pm - 6pm.

At the moment it looks like two regular daily 1 hour slots, (4pm and 8pm) with the possibility of longer slots at the weekends.

The details havent been firmed up yet, but its looking very promising if you are interested in space flight, the ISS and so on.

On a technical note, Friendly TV are taking the high speed web feed direct from the NASA site. The Hotbird version of Friendly TV (Babe TV) should be taking the same NASA TV shows.

:cool: :cool:

The NASA slot is launching tomorrow (1st October). To begin with, Friendly TV will be showing the live broadcasts from the ISS from 4-5pm (UK time). This will be repeated 8-9pm.

The schedule may be increased if the broadcasts are successful, and depending on viewing figures.

No news yet if there will be any weekend shows.

Frequencies are:

Eurobird 1 at 28.5E
Sky Channel 268
for non Sky boxes - 11623H** SR 27500 ** FEC 2/3

Also probably on Hotbird 6 - labelled "Babe TV" 10949V** 27500 ** FEC 3/4.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks Analoguesat, will have a look out for it, makes a change from the normal viewing.

RCP

Reaction score
Website
www.the2012londonolympics.com
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ sky dish, Sony DVD recorder, Panasonic Combi VHS/DVD recorder, Panasonic 42" LCD TV
My Location
UK
Apologies for reopening a very old thread but the NASA TV in Europe title is spot-on. Does anyone know whether NASA is showing its digital channel for viewing in Europe or on SKY?

I've viewed the Sky channel 268 but it's been moved - any updates much appreciated :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The NASA TV coverage on Friendly only lasted a few weeks - and they screwed it up royally, by getting the playouts wrong so when it was scheduled more often than not you got some rubbish quiz game.

Friendly is now a fta slappers service up in the 900's :D

NASA isnt carried anywhere in Europe - although when there is a big mission on ESA TV carries some of the coverage on 12.5W