NBC and BBCWorld?

leonardwolk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
none
I'm looking for a satellite that broadcasts BBC World and NBC(Not CNBC) FTA, I found Hotbird delivering NBC, but here was a note telling, that it did broadcast some german language programs, is this true? if, how many hours are i german?, and when are these? is there any other satellite broadcasting the american NBC FTA over europe?

Leonard

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You are in luck

BBC World transmits on the same orbital slot in Analogue (PAL) on 11114 MHz Vertical, standard 6.60, 7.02 and 7.20 MHz

NBC is only available from the UK on the same position, youve found it and it transmits about ten hours in English (various programmes and golf matches) rest of the time is German and telesale promos

leonardwolk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
none
Originally posted by Channel Hopper
You are in luck

BBC World transmits on the same orbital slot in Analogue (PAL) on 11114 MHz Vertical, standard 6.60, 7.02 and 7.20 MHz

NBC is only available from the UK on the same position, youve found it and it transmits about ten hours in English (various programmes and golf matches) rest of the time is German and telesale promos

does BBC World only transmit analog?, is there no FTA digital available?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
13 East , 12.597 V

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello Leonard

The E13 may not be FTA always, but so far the transmission on 1W has been.

TV-DIG-FTA 11.540 V BBC World MPG2 579 26000 3/4 515 652 515.

Suggest you have a look at SatcoDx and Lyngsat sites where you will find full details and footprints.

Good luck

W. Hole

leonardwolk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
none
Originally posted by w hole
Hello Leonard

The E13 may not be FTA always, but so far the transmission on 1W has been.

TV-DIG-FTA 11.540 V BBC World MPG2 579 26000 3/4 515 652 515.

Suggest you have a look at SatcoDx and Lyngsat sites where you will find full details and footprints.

Good luck

W. Hole

I live in the very south of sweden, will a 60cm dish be enough to recieve BBCWorld from Intelsat707, this is the coverage by the satellite:
http://www.satcodx-op.com/INT/INT707NO.jpg

I have a larger dish(1.0meter) but without a motor, and I have a spare 60cm dish that I could use for BBCWorld if this is possible.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
The footprint in the south of your location is approx 51-52 db and as a result if you have no obstructions it should be possible, with a good 60 cm dish

However with winter already here and the normal amounts of snow etc in your area you may be better to install the 1.0 mtr and allow your self the extra signal reception gain from the larger dish. and avoid the frequency of loss signal from snow etc

regards

Old Satellite