nbox twin tuner recording problem

barfran

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nbox 28.2 astra
My Location
ireland
Hi
I have a nbox twin tuner ....Im having problems recording on the box. I can record one thing but then i cant view anything else even though it is twin tuner. I have swapped lnb feeds and they both seem to be ok .....It wont go to channel to record either i have to be on the channel i want to record so timers etc wont work. Im running pknebula i think...Im completely new to this so any help would be great.I had them both set to simple diseq off etc an still the same and i have tried other ways.

Thanks

A nonymous

Reaction score
I use the same box with the same image and it records fine whilst watching another channel.

What satellite and which channels are you trying to record. Are they encrypted or Free to Air.
Which emu are you using.

A little more information is required before it can be figured out.

Nano

barfran

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nbox 28.2 astra
My Location
ireland
By emu do u mean mgmcad135 I think . New to this so sorry if that's wrong. I can watch the freesat channels but encrypted cant

A nonymous

Reaction score
You cannot record and watch another TV channel at the same time with MGCamd. It cannot handle two encryption ecms at the same time on this receiver. You have to use OSCam.

Thats your problem. Use OSCam and it will work fine.

Nano

reeves2k2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HTPC 2ghz dual core cpu windows 7 mce
My Location
doncaster
I have given up with my nbox
Great little box when it. Works correctly
I am on my second box and this is now faulty again

First box the receiver stopped recognising the remote
Got a replacement after 4 weeks without

The second box the vfd has gone nuts and just shows square boxes so I can't reflash if I need to and now the hd channels done work correctly after a few minutes the hd channels judder and look like they are in slow motion and are unwatchable
I've been told this is to do with a problem with capacitors on the tuner cards which is why the original "N" company took them out of production

The main supplier of the box in the uk and the only one who seems to have any useable knowledge of the box is rarely online so support is terrible

It is such a shame as on the face of it the nbox could be a great little basic box

A nonymous

Reaction score
Just check the ribbon cable to the display, its probably loose.

As for the capacitors if you do replace them only use good quality components like Rubycon or National Semiconductor.
Its because of the cheap components used that has caused this issue in the first place.

Nano