NDS Cam

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just checked out the link, the zip contains NDS.dll, not really quite sure what one is supposed to do with it.

iceeman

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Hi there, the NDS.dll should be copied to the root directory of progdvb etc, or the mdplugins directory of ezdvbxl.
In progdvb the plugin appears in the plugin drop down menu where you can configure the com port and activate it. Not sure about ezdvdxl, should appear in the md wrapper menu but i have not yet tried it.

What i believe this plugin should do is emulate an NDS cam and decrypt free to view channels with a valid card and a smart mouse or phoenix programmer. In fact there are plugins of this type for all encryption systems available to allow use of a valid subscription card with a pc card without having to buy a cam.

Bad news is that i have not yet managed to get one working, does anybody know if an elvis programmer can emulate a smartmouse or phoenix programmer. I have seen sites indicating that it can but have not had any success.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks Iceeman, that's what i wanted know. I'll have a play with it next week, but may have to get a smart mouse if the Elvis won't suffice. I seem to remember that the Elvis can operate in smartmouse mode, but requires the software to switch it, so may not work with the softcam.

iceeman

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Thats about what I counluded rolfw. I will keep trying and if i have any success i will let you know.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Cheers Iceeman, I'd better go and do some work now. :)

Genie

Make a wish
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 with 320GB HDD running Nabilosat 0.12
1 metre motorised dish. Intel core i7 920 PC
My Location
London
Apparently the Phoenix interface should be a 'passive' mode one, not intelligent one.

Not sure what that means, but the readme says you also need to short pin 2 and 8 of the com port.

I have had reports of someone getting this to work on another forum.

Could someone here with a Phoenix try it and let us know the results. ;)

Plus, anyone know where I could get a phoenix interface from in the UK preferably from a reputable supplier, cos theres' a few dodgy ones out there.

I just want someone to confirm it works before I buy a Phoenix. Be wicked to stick my s*y card upstair in me bedroom PC.

iceeman

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Hi all, i know it has been a while since the last post and you have all figured this out but here is what i found.

If you download multiprog v9, one of the options is MP Set, click this to set your elvis to phoenix or smartmouse mode. You can close multiprog and elvis will remain in your selected mode untill you cut the power to it.

I have not managed to get the NDS cam software to work yet, i get initialised card NOT ok message, this maybe a voltage problem with the nds card. I have however got the poor mans cam working using a fun card so i know that the elvis is operating as a phoenix interface.

Genie

Make a wish
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 with 320GB HDD running Nabilosat 0.12
1 metre motorised dish. Intel core i7 920 PC
My Location
London
Well I built a simple 'passive' phoenix and that works ok.
Unfortunatly I fried one of my cards, by sending 12 volts the wrong way :D :D :D. But luckily it was only a spare old card :)

Now its got a few diodes appropriately fitted, and works with bbc ftv and my subscribed channels.

You have to remember to link pin 2 and 8 on the com port.

Plus, you will not get any updates sent to the card, meaning a month later, you card will cease to work, since it has received no updates. It also doesn't seem to work with the newer cards.

But generally its stable on my Athlon 900Mhz WinXP system and a nexus-s.

Genie.
)(-)(