Big-Apple

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Dm800
1xDm7000
My Location
CEE
Cisco Completes Acquisition of NDS
Expanded Video Portfolio to Accelerate Cisco Videoscape, Enabling Service Providers and Media Companies to Provide Next Generation Entertainment Experiences

SAN JOSE, Calif., July 31, 2012 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) today announced it has completed the acquisition of NDS Group Ltd., a leading provider of video software and content security solutions that enable service providers and media companies to securely deliver and monetize new video experiences.

NDS' employees join Cisco's Service Provider Video Technology Group (SPVTG), led by Senior Vice President and General Manager Jesper Andersen. With the close of this transaction, Dr. Abe Peled, formerly NDS chairman and CEO, becomes senior vice president and chief strategist for Cisco's Video and Collaboration Group, of which SPVTG is a part. Dr. Peled reports to Marthin De Beer, senior vice president of Cisco's Video and Collaboration Group.

Under the terms of the agreement, Cisco paid approximately $5 billion, including the repayment of debt and retention-based incentives, to acquire all of the business and operations of NDS. The net impact to Cisco is expected to be accretive to EPS in the first full year on a non-GAAP basis.

it means u can talk about NDS anywhere in uk boards coz MR Kangaroo and newscorp are NOT ANYMORE own this system plus its end of some kind of era since they were starting using videocrypt on 19 east analogue times famous sky movies plus/gold channels i still remember that on analogue receivers like amstrad pace but dont remember when they moved to 28 east and moved to NDS.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
So, you want the forum rules to be changed to satisfy what exactly ?

Big-Apple

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Dm800
1xDm7000
My Location
CEE
who said i want i just think that now can easly talk bout this system they r sold it + news corp is under radar anywere they are removing from India Star NDS groups is now Cisco.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Nothing will change on this forum - we have always allowed discussion of NDS Videoguard as long as the discussion wasnt straying into illegal areas.

What other forums do is up to them :)

Big-Apple

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Dm800
1xDm7000
My Location
CEE
if u are so SOFT about illegal u should read this afr.com/p/national/murdoch_cops_blast_over_pay_tv_pirates_DwLdiPl1Q6bSwW5NaSnEkK unless u know the story

only what i want from this new Cisco NDS is much often card updates not once per few weeks just few days ago i finally received update after 3 overnights and what 10 days later again as unexpected till middle october.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
"SOFT about illegal" >>>>> "Law abiding".

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Big-Apple said:
only what i want from this new Cisco NDS is much often card updates not once per few weeks just few days ago i finally received update after 3 overnights and what 10 days later again as unexpected till middle october.

I doubt anything will change with the card updates. The current frequency of updates has worked well for many years.

Big-Apple

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Dm800
1xDm7000
My Location
CEE
frequency which u gave me its fta channels and i had update on enternatinment channel pack.

Big-Apple

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Dm800
1xDm7000
My Location
CEE
Tivù said:
"SOFT about illegal" >>>>> "Law abiding".

this u can also point to Mr Kangaroo unless he BELONG to other LAW coz he breaks the law million time more than any other sattelite emu user PERIOD.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
What other people do is up to them, and they risk the consequences. Their wrongdoings, whether alleged, suspected or even proven do not give licence to anyone else to engage in tit-for-tat. Let's not bring everything down to the lowest common denominator.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
That last statement is approaching the point where it could be considered libellous / defamatory B-A, so we will close this thread now.

Please do not try to continue this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.