pace 3110 Sky+ (160gb)
Eurostar diseqc switch
Phillips dvd recorder
80 cm Dish (0.2db dual)
Sky Minidish (0.6db quad)
X-box (chipped)
My Location
london
one of my satellite buddies has just told me over im that SKY nds has been hacked for the last two or so weeks, can people tell me if the have heard simmilar. if this is yrue i will quite happily wear my left testical as a hat.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Your cobblers are safe for the time being. If Sky was indeed blown open, the news would be all over the forums like a bad rash. Theres certainly no public hack for it, (there are persistant rumours of private hacks but no-one has done a convincing demonstration of it working).

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 cm motor dish with 75E to 45 W - Openbox 820 CI
My Location
Germany- Munich
Perhaps your buddy is mixing up something. There is soft out now for CAMS which support Sky Italia and Sky UK original CARDS. Matrix und Dragon CAM are there to mention. But a hack or emu not on any board or upload center I'm aware off.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
NDS is availble in many different guises. The US version was compromised a couple of years back, but this would be of no use to anyone watching in Europe.

Unfortunately the closure of many sites similar to this one (though not as good of course) two weeks back seems to add fuel to the speculation something was released, but as Analoguesat confirms, nothing concrete.

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 cm motor dish with 75E to 45 W - Openbox 820 CI
My Location
Germany- Munich
Channel Hopper said:
Unfortunately the closure of many sites similar to this one (though not as good of course) two weeks back seems to add fuel to the speculation something was released, but as Analoguesat confirms, nothing concrete.

What sites in particular. I have not noticed any on the "hot" ones I use. There was one that did not work for a while till I finally had a email after two weeks telling me .com has changed to .net and has now a ssl connection :)

adamclark1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digiquest p2000
Moetek disceq motor
pace 3110 Sky+ (160gb)
Eurostar diseqc switch
Phillips dvd recorder
80 cm Dish (0.2db dual)
X-box (chipped)
My Location
london
Channel Hopper said:
NDS is availble in many different guises. The US version was compromised a couple of years back, but this would be of no use to anyone watching in Europe.

1. It would be really interesting if the sites had been closed down because they had keys to nds, however it was suggested that comercially available cams (matrix, dragon etc..) could not support the decoding that who need to be put in process in order to decode sky uk.
2. What is the difference between nds that the americans, english, italians use? isn't it the same decryption system just with different codes.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
claasi said:
What sites in particular. I have not noticed any on the "hot" ones I use. There was one that did not work for a while till I finally had a email after two weeks telling me .com has changed to .net and has now a ssl connection :)

All the major file sites were taken down by denial of service attacks for 2 or 3 days a couple of weeks back. We stayed up for the duration

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
adamclark1234 said:
1. It would be really interesting if the sites had been closed down because they had keys to nds, however it was suggested that comercially available cams (matrix, dragon etc..) could not support the decoding that who need to be put in process in order to decode sky uk.
2. What is the difference between nds that the americans, english, italians use? isn't it the same decryption system just with different codes.

Don't know enough about it to say what the differences are, but suffice to say that they exist.

hank007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nokia mediamaster 9800 S
My Location
Sweden
well it would be fun if they hacked nds but i dont think that is going to happen in the next 100 years or so

adamclark1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digiquest p2000
Moetek disceq motor
pace 3110 Sky+ (160gb)
Eurostar diseqc switch
Phillips dvd recorder
80 cm Dish (0.2db dual)
X-box (chipped)
My Location
london
hank007 said:
well it would be fun if they hacked nds but i dont think that is going to happen in the next 100 years or so

I just hate murdoch for his greed, but im still prepatrd to pay my ten pound extra a month for sky +.
If i hear anynore about it i will be sure to let you guys know.

hank007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nokia mediamaster 9800 S
My Location
Sweden
if they sold sky systems here i legaly i whould buy one righ on the spot

joshjess

Reaction score
hank007 said:

Never say never, there will be a means!