NE1 tried DVBPortal V1.04?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Read some good reviews recently of DVBPortal by people fed-up with the instability of the good but buggy ProgDVB and MyTheatre.

It's supposedly basic but stable, and it takes plugins.

Haven't done much research yet on if it supports our favourite plugins ;) (suspect yes), but thought I'd ask around....

Get it free here :- http://www.dvbportal.de/

I would install it and try it, but I've only just recovered from the last software installation screw-up!

Rod Hulls Aerial

The Lord Lucan Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Star 2 - Motorised
Errr.. thats it.
My Location
The cold and foggy Yorkshire coast..
I'll give it a go.. I've now got a dedicated DVB PC in my spare bedroom, 2600 Meg Athlon with 512 meg of ram ! it can handle everything I throw at it so I'm up for trying new software on it, I'll review it soon for you.

Rod Hulls Aerial

The Lord Lucan Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Star 2 - Motorised
Errr.. thats it.
My Location
Well early thoughts are not too good, although it was very easy to set up and a very small file (just over 1meg) I cannot get our "newly aquired" channels to work yet, I tried putting the latest Yankse and associated files into the plugin directory but you get the message "invalid smart card or CAM" I also tried placing Yankse etc into the program directory itself and also by trying the Win98 version of Yankse (as supplied with the downloaded version of DVBportal but still no joy.
Probably needs someone with a lot more knowledge on these matters to get it all working but for the novice I would recommend sticking with what we know works.. bugs and all.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
That's interesting...

I assume it has a 'Plugins' directory under the main program directory?

I also assume, that you would have to create a separate directory (alongside) the Plugins directory called 'MDPlugins' (with that exact capitalisation) and chucking all the yankse and softcam stuff in there.

Do you fancy giving that a go?

Rod Hulls Aerial

The Lord Lucan Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Star 2 - Motorised
Errr.. thats it.
My Location
Good thinking.. standby..:-ohmy

Right tried the MDPlugins directory to no effect, have also tried different varations of placing the Yankse dll into the main program directory and Plugin folders but I get the message " cannot load CAM/CSA module to view this channel" you also get the error message "please insert a valid smartcard for this channel" I think I've tried it all, deleting the original Plugins directory, adding the MDPlugins directory to the Plugins directory etc but nada..
Give me some more to try !!!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL!

Top marks for enthusiasm!

Have you tried chucking MD API Wrapper into the 'Plugins' directory as well as everything else into the 'MDPlugins' directory?
At least you could see if it's loading the right dll's
Do you know if it uses DVBcore?

Wow, I'm a lazy barst! I just can't face another three weeks re-building my box just now!!!

Maybe it's still looking for MDYankse.dll?

Rod Hulls Aerial

The Lord Lucan Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Star 2 - Motorised
Errr.. thats it.
My Location
Just tried the MDYankse.dll rename to no effect, where would I find this MD API Wrapper ?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Rod Hulls Aerial said:
Just tried the MDYankse.dll rename to no effect, where would I find this MD API Wrapper ?
It's purely an MDPlugin compliant wrapper, and it goes in the standard 'Plugins' folder.

Unzip the .dll into there.

This version come bundled in with MT 2.76.

I get the serious impression that this is going nowhere tho O-no

Thanks for trying all the same!

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Anyone tried Skyview? its a nice looking piece of software but does not seem to have any plugin directory but it does separate the channels into freeview,pay per view and radio. I also seem to be getting much better transponder signal while using it. Getting 53% or so normallly on other dvb software but on hotbird i am getting with skyview an average signal of 85-86% which is very good and it even reads out the signal to you in an electronic voice though i couldnt stop the damn thing once it started. I did get a couple of exeption errors or memory errors or something but the program seemed to continue to work ok even after this. Picture seems fine on free to air channels, dont know about ppv but i noticed on programs like progdvb that picture is much smoother on free to air so maybe this is just similar.

skyview software available here:
http://www.ss2-sat.com/software.php

would be gratefull for any info on this software. :D

update:

The program seems to recognise the MDPlugins directory but when yanktze monitor is enabled there does not appear to be anything happening with key recognition, its as if it does not see it. anyone any ideas? yanktze is in MDPlugins directory and i have tried the softcam in there also and in main directory of skyview but nothing, is this software only workable on windows XP? i am using windows 2000 pro. Could someone try it and let me know if it works for you? Also noticed that picture is fine on free view but the minute you click on a ppv channel everything goes really really slow and unstable, is this a processor thing? it seems to happen in all the dvb software i have tried up to now. thanks.

stan_drew

Reaction score
My Location
Bristol
To resurrect an old topic (but at least the info is written down somewhere now!):

I've managed to get my favourite plugin working with DVBPortal, as well as all the files (dll, ini etc) that you would normally put in a "plugins" directory, you need to add a common scrambling algorithm file. Use the "csa.dll" file that comes with joshyfun's Offline Descrambler tool.

Not sure why DVBPortal needs this, whereas ProgDVB, MT etc don't but at least it works!

It's not absolutely perfect, in particular I found that after starting up the application you need to render a FTA channel first before switching to an encrypted channel.
s