Nearer to textbook, my Gibertini 1.5

A

Archive-8

fot quite some time now I have not been able to set my dish up to textbooks figures.

Well finally I have managed to get it very near textbook :) only had an hour late last night to tweek it, and I will try and get it spot on as soon as I can.

3°w is my zenith satellite. I used 1°w as my set up satellite. Details below.

IMG_0727.PNG

The gibertini op150 has an offset angle of 21.3°

So 1°w is 31.6° - 21.3° = 10.3° dish face.

IMG_0692.JPG

Polar mount angle = satellite angle + declination. My setup it is = 31.6° + 6.8 = 38.4° for the polar mount.

IMG_0693.JPG

Once I had the dish face pointing at the right angle I needed to line the lnb up, as using the proper lnb holder, held the lnb in the wrong angle.

So after I had looked through one of my sheds I found one of my iss lnb holders.

Had to bolt it to the underside of the lnb arm to get a signal, see below.

IMG_0694.JPG
IMG_0695.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg

So far it's one of the best tunes I have had on that dish :)

And I have some room for tweeking in properly.

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
fot quite some time now I have not been able to set my dish up to textbooks figures.

Well finally I have managed to get it very near textbook :) only had an hour late last night to tweek it, and I will try and get it spot on as soon as I can.

3°w is my zenith satellite. I used 1°w as my set up satellite. Details below.

View attachment 105797

The gibertini op150 has an offset angle of 21.3°

So 1°w is 31.6° - 21.3° = 10.3° dish face.

View attachment 105799

Polar mount angle = satellite angle + declination. My setup it is = 31.6° + 6.8 = 38.4° for the polar mount.

View attachment 105798

Once I had the dish face pointing at the right angle I needed to line the lnb up, as using the proper lnb holder, held the lnb in the wrong angle.

So after I had looked through one of my sheds I found one of my iss lnb holders.

Had to bolt it to the underside of the lnb arm to get a signal, see below.

View attachment 105800
View attachment 105801
View attachment 105802

So far it's one of the best tunes I have had on that dish :)

And I have some room for tweeking in properly.

It's a great feeling when you come out of the other side of a tweek with a positive result lol . :)

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Interesting. Are you getting better signal now with the new LNB holder?

A

Archive-8

On the whole, yes most signals are up between 1-3 db, but the biggest difference seems to be with the ber.

Still got a bit more to tweek, hopefully I will have a scan about later on tonight.

I have also thought about turning the lnb arm over so that the kink is pointing downwards, and trying the genuine lnb holder.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Archive-8

First time finding this satellite, at home:)

The easy blindscan below has been double posted in the 52.0°E section 52E (TurkmenAlem/MonacoSat)
IMG_0728.PNG IMG_0729.PNG IMG_0730.PNG IMG_0731.PNG IMG_0732.PNG IMG_0733.PNG IMG_0734.PNG IMG_0735.PNG

Before I go and tweek some more, I will scan a couple more satellites for comparison.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Hi Chris, can you make the pictures a little large - I can't see the text very clearly, especially from EBS Pro

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
31.5°W Dr HD D15 locks 2 transponders, pc only shows one.

View attachment 105836 View attachment 105837

@Chris1979

The missing transponder in EBS Pro might be due to the algorithm used by EBS Pro for the blind scan. If you have installed the TBS blind scan software you could try that to see if it captures the missing transponder. I think that the TBS blind scan software uses a different algorithm to that used by EBS Pro.

Rgds

A

Archive-8

@Chris1979

The missing transponder in EBS Pro might be due to the algorithm used by EBS Pro for the blind scan. If you have installed the TBS blind scan software you could try that to see if it captures the missing transponder. I think that the TBS blind scan software uses a different algorithm to that used by EBS Pro.

Rgds

I will give it a go with crazyscan, if I can find the cd I will install the tbs scanner.