djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

1.8m Channel Master soon to be installed
My Location
Doncaster
Right, installed DVB Dream and found out that the Sat Man had done is job right and aligned me to 1W :D

After doing a complete re-install of, well everything and running all updates available to Win XP and installing the latest Power DVD Software, I was able to view the Kiosk 1 as suggested by BGonaSTICK, but the next problem I have is that the picture quality is fairly poor.

I don't know if I need to amend any settings or install anything else as I have just installed the main proggy ? At the bottom of the screen the figures are, level = between 50-60% for and 100% for quality.

When I tried it last night on Eutelsat W3, the picture quality was fine. Also worth mentioning that now the Software seems more resource hungry ?

BTW, when are the new keys available so I can start enjoying a bit more than previews and what other essentials do I need to install for this.

Cheers

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
You can play with 'graphs' and codecs, as well as trying my tuning tips for PCI cards. Seach this section for it.

Scrambled channels will gobble more CPU, especially when you're trying to decode them. ;)

60% signal is plenty good enough.

Get yourself a copy of S2emu V1.0.9.1 and the latest s*ftcam.key file.

That's it. Search my posts here for how to install them if it's not obvious.

Good luck. :D

New keys should be out in a day or two, and may last for the same period.

Check here, and get them from one of the places listed in Nobblys big links section.

djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

My Location
Doncaster
Just installed MT 2.76 and the picture quality as improved greatly. But I still get a bit of sticking every so often, I have checked CPU usage and its not overloaded, so any other suggestions ?

Cheers

djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

My Location
Doncaster
Sorted the sticking issue, by altering the Graphs from Win XP V-Sonic FX to the Win 2000 FX in MT2.76. Didn't see this option in DVB Dream so don't think I am going to be able to use that.

How come the 2000 works best when I run Win XP ?

Cheers

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
djc said:
How come the 2000 works best when I run Win XP ?
Dunno. If it works - who cares! :D

Bump your CPU priority for MT to 'real time' for extra zip.