Nearly There :)

mkdons73

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-3300 2CA, 85CM Dish, Monoblock 0.2dB LNB
My Location
Milton Keynes
Well,
Its taken a couple of days to decide on my setup and would like to share it to see if i have made the correct decisions :)
TechnoMate 3200 D+

Faval 85cm Dish
6 Degree Monoblock LNB 0.2Db (Astra 19.2e Hotbird 13e) complete with mountings and fittings.

I went with the MonoBlock as due to funds a motorised setup was to expensive at the moment.

Hopefully should all arrive monday :) . Now how easy is this going to be to setup , i'm not sure on a couple of things so here we go.

Shall i keep my old SLY Dish as i have found my old SLY reciever (Non SLY+ just standered) for the FTV channels or remove it and hope that my old viewing card will work in the 3200 D+

How hard is it to align the dish i dont have any tools to find signal , ie will the main sat be Astra or Hotbird ?

Cheers
Mark

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure about the dish, but should be fine for the two satellites you want to receive.

you need to establish which side of the LNB is port 1, you do this by switching on the receiver and whist someone is watching the signal strength on the screen, put your hand over one of the feedhorns, if nothing changes, try the other one, whichever is affected is port one.

If the most westerly is port one, then that is the one you line up on Astra 19.2, the other one with a small skew adjustment should then receive Hotbird.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Hi Mark,

Set up is pretty simple as mentioned above. There is pages and pages of info here that will help you.

Another very simple and easy way for enthusiasts to set this up is as follows:

> Install the dish with a single LNb and align to Hotbird 13e.
> Take off LNb and install monobloc
> Looking in front of the dish, the right hand side of the monobloc should be for 13e and the left for 19e
> Raise the left hand side of the monoblock (19e) up a little.
> Install the cable to receiver.
> select DiSEqC 1.0 on receiver and scan for channels.

You can buy a cheapo in -line satellite finder for about £10 that will get you on 13e.

Check _http://www.dishpointer.com/ for alignment angles for your location.

Regards

Paul :)