Need 500 million euro worth of scrap metal ?

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Nearly... navy "experts" have been onboard harvesting printed circuit boards, which thereafter been put into water again to "avoid oxidizing", with the goal of renovation and re-use :wacko:

I've heard of people trying to recover electronics and electricals salvaged from watery graves, but they often required rebuilding pretty much from scratch, so, I too would be pretty damned sceptical about even military-grade hardware being salvageable after being under the salty brine for this long... :confused

Which again makes me wonder, what is aboard that ship that they must salvage?? Not being the conspiracy theorist type I have no "theories", just a sense of curiosity as to why they have lifted her out of the water like this, just seems "odd"... :lol:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The holes in the side need to be inspected, (and hidden from prying eyes), in order to play down the damage from a peacetime (albeit naval exercise) collision. Can't have potential adversaries knowing what might sink an expensive piece of taxpayer funded hardware when somebody in the crows nest is looking the wrong way.

Don't tell him Pike !