My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
hi all

well ive had my dreambox for 3/4 days now and im struggling a little bit decoding channels.
I had flashed a new image to the box (Hydra 7000 olympia xxx) and can manage to get the card slot to work ok with a via2 card, but no pay channels clear.
My box is only connected via a null modem cable at the moment until i get a network card, so is this the problem ? do i need to update the keys before it will work ?

thx for any help :D

Lee

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes I think you do Lee, most images come devoid of keys and you need to update by FTP. I'm not sure whether it is possible via Com port.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
What can't you get to clear, the VIA2 encrypted channels or something else?

I take it you have an official VIA2 card... for what bouquet?

You're using it in the card slots, and not in a CAM?

You can get al FTA channels? Can you get ANY encrypted channels?

Have you loaded any keys?

LOL, I have more questions than you!

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
I am using the via2 card in the top card slot...card is for sv+ ;)
Havent loaded any keys as the box is only connected via a serial (null) cable at the minute.Do any images come with keys pre-installed ?
I get fta channels ok and thats about it
Need to get myself a network card quick lol

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
There are some images that come ready to go, but sooner or later you are going to have to update your keys...So best is to get your network set up....

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
lee32uk said:
I am using the via2 card in the top card slot...card is for sv+l
Are you saying that you can watch SV+ (by using your card) but that you can't open anything else that requires keys?

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
BGonaSTICK said:
Are you saying that you can watch SV+ (by using your card) but that you can't open anything else that requires keys?

Couldnt get anything to open using Hydra image.......BUT ive put RUCannon 5 on and im managing to clear Sky Italia package, Freextv and Taquilla on 19e so im doing something right :D Not really sure what im doing yet but im still learning ;)

Anyway im gonna pop into pcworld tommorow and get a network card so i can have a proper play around with the box :p Up to now i still have a full head of hair lol

P.S Are there any free ftp programs available ? Dont mind buying one but just wondered

Thx
Lee

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Nice one. Make sure you get your Cat5 crossover cable while you're there.
It's NOT the same as an ordinary cat5 patch lead. Even PC World should know the difference :rolleyes:

As for an FTP client, you can't do much better than WS_FTP Pro. If you want it for nowt, type 'FOSI' into google, and go to the top entry. You'll find it there. :)

Let us know how you get on with rucannon 5, 'cos I like what I've heard about it! ;)

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
hi its me again ;)
well ive got my network card installed ok and all seems well.Just downloaded rsakeylist file from toes and now ive got conax too :)
RUcannon 5 seems a good image so im gonna stick with it for a while till i get bored
everything seems to be clearing ok.Wish i would have bought a dreambox months ago :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, easy as that Lee, feel the same myself, got the Black tiger working and will stick with it for a while. :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yes Way!

WE ROCK!

O-HaO-HaO-HaO-HaO-HaO-HaO-HaO-HaO-HaO-HaO-HaO-HaO-HaO-HaO-HaO-HaO-HaO-HaO-HaO-HaO-HaO-Ha

MacAddict

Reaction score
lee32uk said:
hi its me again ;)
well ive got my network card installed ok and all seems well.Just downloaded rsakeylist file from toes and now ive got conax too :)
RUcannon 5 seems a good image so im gonna stick with it for a while till i get bored
everything seems to be clearing ok.Wish i would have bought a dreambox months ago :D
I liked ruCannon5 a lot, but could not get the multi view EPG to work on it :(