Need a sat installer ne1 interested ?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
longstockings said:
I have just bought a Digisat Pro meter which should make my life 100 times easier and just need to borrow someone's ladder now.

I just hope that by the time I've finished setting my system up someone will ask me to setup a similar system for them. This way I can try and claw back some of the money I have wasted on shite satellite installers and mounts and brackets.

I've learnt so much about satellites in general and the Dreambox that failure is not an option.

I'm to embarassed to post photos of my existing setup but when I'm happy with it you can all take a look at my labour of love.

Please God help me set it up b4 xmas, I can't stand to watch more xmas repeats.

It took me 2 weeks to get my dish set up to receive 45e to 30w, every day thats 14 straight days in a row. My legs and thighs were just killing me, from the ladder lol now thinking back. Have installed 3 more for friends, each taking about 3 hrs to set up. So my advice to you is to stick at it till you get it, we are all here to help you out. So good luck. Ps make sure your elevation on the motor is correct.

longstockings

Satellite Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.tm9100.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
I have never been to a forum before that has people as warm as you guys who will put up with people like me coming along and asking dumb questions.

I feel quite touched.

It's now Friday and my sat meter hasn't arrived b4 the weekend which is a shame but I'll hunt out some ladders and give it a go anyway.

Everyday I check the weather for the next few days to find a good time to set it up.

I would love to be able to setup a motorised system in 3 hrs and I will get there.

Thanks again

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
longstockings said:
I would love to be able to setup a motorised system in 3 hrs and I will get there.

If only - took me a couple of weeks of tweeking but I got there in the end and hope you do also.

I think everyone here is rooting for you...

Remember safety first on that ladder! It's getting colder outside, I remeber how cold the steel gets - try gloves if you can.

longstockings

Satellite Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.tm9100.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 CI+
80cm Polycarbnate Dish
0.3db Universal LNB
Moteck Digipower Motor
My Location
Totnes, Devon 50.4320N, 3.6690W
Satellite meter has arrived and ladders will be dropped off at my house b4 the weekend and I've orderedd a load of satellite cable and some pre made stuff.

Don't want to try and set it up only to find it's my dodgy cable connection.

The weather is getting much colder and working in the evenings is now impossible.

Does ne1 know where I can find a weather forecast for more than 5 days in advance. This would help me out as I am due some time off work and could co inside the 2.

Xmas shopping can wait or I'll just buy online

I checked out Cable Universe who advertise on here and they are worth checking out.

Just placed an order for some tv and hi-fi cables and saved a fortune.
Not an ad. Just thought someone may be interested

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia