My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci + 1000d super +
skystar 2 pci card
1M Motorised dish
Ivacon twin lnb
pc + laptop on network
My Location
uk
hi i changed my cable to ct100 as i was using spare ntl cable (white) which ntl man gave me. i thought buying ct100 would improve the signel as i read its best cable but i found i get a better signel with the ntl cable
i dont like using the ntl cable as its white
so need to know is ther better cable than ct100
im have a motor if thats makes difrence and the longest i will need it is about 5meters

thanks

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The NTL cable is good quality, a bit messy to work with though, due to the moisture barrier. CT100 is a good cable, but it isn't the best and probably no better in loss that the NTL cable, how long is your cable run?

P

pothead13

My Satellite Setup
skystar 2 pci card
1M Motorised dish
Ivacon twin lnb
pc + laptop on network
My Location
uk
about 5 meters

P

pothead13

My Satellite Setup
skystar 2 pci card
1M Motorised dish
Ivacon twin lnb
pc + laptop on network
My Location
uk
i like my feeds you see so every little helps looks like i will go back to the ntl cable unless you know a better cable then it

thanks for quick reply

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Over 5 metres the difference will be practically nothing, may as well stick with what you have, are you sure that you made the connections well on the CT100?

P

pothead13

My Satellite Setup
skystar 2 pci card
1M Motorised dish
Ivacon twin lnb
pc + laptop on network
My Location
uk
i have ends already made up when orderd so not screw on ones
what been bugging me its looks like i lost about 10% on megasport on amos some channels no loss
i live with i think see how it goes for the season
also i thought i would bealble to get 7 west by now with my setup as i remember i had it before with my old 80cm dish using ntl cable and now im thinking thats why i not getting it anymore because of cable change