Need guidance to receive broadcast from intelsat 10-02

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
New to this
My Location
Canada
Hi

I am new to this area and hope to get guidance from folks who have extensive experience to guide me through.

I am trying to receive live broadcast from intelsat 10-02 - I have the following questions to start with:
what equipments and software do I need?
What is the coverage of intelsat 10-02? Is my location under the coverage map?

Thanks for your help in advance.

mikeisyou

Feed Hunter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Octagon SX88+, Static 1.2m Raven Dish (22w to 33e), Motorized Dish (9e to 52e)
My Location
England
Hi

I am new to this area and hope to get guidance from folks who have extensive experience to guide me through.

I am trying to receive live broadcast from intelsat 10-02 - I have the following questions to start with:
what equipments and software do I need?
What is the coverage of intelsat 10-02? Is my location under the coverage map?

Thanks for your help in advance.

I don't think it's possible to receive this satellite in Canada. What is it you're trying to receive? Ice Hockey perhaps? Might be worth going down the iptv route.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
New to this
My Location
Canada
I don't think it's possible to receive this satellite in Canada. What is it you're trying to receive? Ice Hockey perhaps? Might be worth going down the iptv route.
Thank you for your quick response. I am trying to receive live broadcast from Bolshoi Ballet, ROH Royal Ballet and New York Metopera performances.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
New to this
My Location
Canada
I am guessing - I am wonder I will be covered by the C-band West Hemi Beam Satbeams - World Of Satellites at your fingertips

Usually they do it via IS-1002 :

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Mikeisyou is correct - there is absolutely no chance whatsoever of you receiving 1W in Canada if the broadcast is in Ku band. There is some limited coverage into eastern Canada on C-band but C-band is barely used here in Europe so its most likely to be in Ku.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
New to this
My Location
Canada
Mikeisyou is correct - there is absolutely no chance whatsoever of you receiving 1W in Canada if the broadcast is in Ku band. There is some limited coverage into eastern Canada on C-band but C-band is barely used here in Europe so its most likely to be in Ku.
thank you... are you able to tell from here - which band this is on? MET OPERA “Boris Godunov” 9th October 2021

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
New to this
My Location
Canada
I am on eastern Canada - close to the coverage's left border...

Last edited:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
New to this
My Location
Canada
The very elderly Eute 5WA has the C-band payload but shes heavily inclined & just about out of service. Replacement Eute 5WB is Ku only - no chance in Canada.
thank you so much for your input..... then I have rely on someone who can capture it...... wonder who in this forum would be willing to help capturing these live performances

mikeisyou

Feed Hunter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
The MET Opera feeds broadcast simultaniously on multiple satellites. Saturday's performance I recall it was on Eutelsat 10e and someone else on this forum has said it was on Intelsat 10-02 (1w) aswell.

I'm sure there are more satellite's it is shown on, and possibly receivable in your location.

mikeisyou

Feed Hunter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
The MET Opera feeds broadcast simultaniously on multiple satellites. Saturday's performance I recall it was on Eutelsat 10e and someone else on this forum has said it was on Intelsat 10-02 (1w) aswell.

I'm sure there are more satellite's it is shown on, and possibly receivable in your location.

Actually yes I think it's shown on Intelsat 34 (55w) in C-Band. But I don't know for definite, more googling is required :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
New to this
My Location
Canada
Actually yes I think it's shown on Intelsat 805 (55w) in C-Band. But I don't know for definite, more googling is required :)
thanks alot Mike - need to know if it is definite receivable in Canada before looking into the equipment/software. You know further info on Pathé Live Presents Bolshoi Ballet “Swan Lake” ? They do it on both E5Wa IS-1002. Have a friend in Europe who have been capturing these performances for last 10 years and suddenly he just announced he will not be doing anymore due to some changes in his personal life.... Many of his fans got pretty sad and disappointed by that annoucement,,,, I am hoping to explore it myself into this area or hopefully if someone in this forum who are interested in these type of classical performance live broadcast - that individual could be someone who would make many people very happy.....

mikeisyou

Feed Hunter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
thanks alot Mike - need to know if it is definite receivable in Canada before looking into the equipment/software. You know further info on Pathé Live Presents Bolshoi Ballet “Swan Lake” ? They do it on both E5Wa IS-1002. Have a friend in Europe who have been capturing these performances for last 10 years and suddenly he just announced he will not be doing anymore due to some changes in his personal life.... Many of his fans got pretty sad and disappointed by that annoucement,,,, I am hoping to explore it myself into this area or hopefully if someone in this forum who are interested in these type of classical performance live broadcast - that individual could be someone who would many people very happy.....
Sorry to hear.

It would depend where in Canada you are, looking at the satellite footprint of Intelsat 34 (55w) 98% of Canada is covered. https://www.intelsat.com/fleetmaps/coveragemaps/images/IS34-304-AMECH.jpg

Was there anything else you are interested in watching? National Geographic Channel is free to watch on this satellite aswell.

-----------------------------------

Could someone on this forum please confirm that the MET Opera feed regularly appears on 55w , I can see as recent as 2018 and 2019 this feed has popped up.
@John @dreamsat @Feedsat_DXer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
New to this
My Location
Canada
Sorry to hear.

It would depend where in Canada you are, looking at the satellite footprint of Intelsat 34 (55w) 98% of Canada is covered. https://www.intelsat.com/fleetmaps/coveragemaps/images/IS34-304-AMECH.jpg

Was there anything else you are interested in watching? National Geographic Channel is free to watch on this satellite aswell.

Could someone on this forum please confirm that the MET Opera feed regularly appears on 55w , I can see as recent as 2018 and 2019 this feed has popped up.
Thank you so much Mike - much appreciated. National Geographic is a bonus. My primary interests and alot of those fans are hardcore classical ballets & operas lovers....of Russian Bolshoi Ballet, London ROH Royal Ballet, Paris Opera Ballet, New York Metopera - so basically any of the classical bits of Ballet & Operas....

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
New to this
My Location
Canada
Sorry to hear.

by looking at the map of Intelsat 34 (55w), I belongs to the 40.3 dWB - top right quadrant

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
New to this
My Location
Canada
Sorry to hear.

looks like @william-1 into this type of feeds too ?

mikeisyou

Feed Hunter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
Seems to me like this is the schedule: In Cinemas

Worst case scenario you can watch in the cinema Theater Finder (If cinemas in north america can receive it you should too)

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
New to this
My Location
Canada
Seems to me like this is the schedule: In Cinemas

Worst case scenario you can watch in the cinema Theater Finder (If cinemas in north america can receive it you should too)
we do watch in the cinema - nevertheless all the fans want to keep the recordings - the friend in Europe provided very large recording file in HD blu-ray resolution quality and awesome 5.1 surround sound. The performance can be re-watched again anytime in home theatre projected into very large screen..... That is the thrill..

A

Anonymous_1

Sorry to hear.

from my part, no sign of this feed for a very long time @ 55.5W but I am less active due to personal reasons