• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

need help on changing keys

jankoh

Regular Member
Messages
20
Likes
0
#1
I have A DB5620 with Quest 2.2

Where have I to place the Keys (SoftCam.Key).. I have placed it in var/keys and nothing happens ???

Please help....
 

neethan30

Regular Member
Messages
32
Likes
0
#4
I did not know which topic to post it under so I have posted it in more than one..do appologise!!
I tried to download some keys to the dreambox through ftp, and I downloaded newcamd key to var/keys folder, I was told that I need the raf keys, where do I find these keys and which folder do I downloaded it to?
 
Messages
41
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
ARCAM AVR 600,ARCAM DV137 ,B&W CM1'S FRONT,B&W AS2 SUB, B&W MINI THEATERS MT1'S CENTRE & REARS,DM8000HD PVR,REELBOX AVG I , ,TECHNISAT DIGICORDER HD S2X,PIONEER KRL37V KURO,PANASONIC TX37LZD800,SKY HD MULTIROOM ,H
My Location
THe PLaNET GWaCO!
#5
neethan30 said:
I did not know which topic to post it under so I have posted it in more than one..do appologise!!
I tried to download some keys to the dreambox through ftp, and I downloaded newcamd key to var/keys folder, I was told that I need the raf keys, where do I find these keys and which folder do I downloaded it to?
You need to FTP the "rsakeylist" to var/scce folder then re-boot your machine ok cant upload "rsakeylist" to here as i cant/have not got permission to post with attachments.
 

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Messages
5,145
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
#6
Zipper said:
You need to FTP the "rsakeylist" to var/scce folder then re-boot your machine ok cant upload "rsakeylist" to here as i cant/have not got permission to post with attachments.
We don't allow key posting, including files containing keys, so you saved us the job of deleting it! :)
 

neethan30

Regular Member
Messages
32
Likes
0
#7
I already have rsakeylist in var/scce folder which is about 27.6kbytes, I guess this is the right key, and I have various other nagrarom.bin files in there as well, do you know about the raf keys, so far I have not been able to get any descrambled channels.

thanks
 

jankoh

Regular Member
Messages
20
Likes
0
#8
Hm???


What have I to do to update the key's via FTP? Now i installed the Terminator VT6....

Is there a guide??
 

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,632
Likes
208
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#9
jankoh said:
Hm???


What have I to do to update the key's via FTP? Now i installed the Terminator VT6....

Is there a guide??
Yes, there is a guide called the "Idiot Guide" by a chap called TG.
In it you will find most the info you need, including a nice little automatic key updater (which I use). I did not install the Terminator, but all the other Terminators had the EMUS in, so all it needs is a quick update.

If you insist however in adding keys by FTP, you need to insert keys to var/keys and the others to where they either replace similar keys. Usually the sites where you can get the keys will say where to put what.
Every image is different, so no general rule.