AthonX 3700+ CPU
ABIT KN8-SLI MB
PNY Geforce 7800GT GPU
SkyStar 2 PCI card
80cm Satellite Dish
My Location
Bath, United Kingdom
My uncertainty is divided into three main parts:

1) I have just setup up my 80cm dish and SS2 card and got signal of about 30% -> 60% quality. Is this normal? Also, my signal bar sometimes keep going off and on again. Is this due to wind or bad connections?

2) I am locked onto astra 19.5E, does it include all the astra transponders i.e. astra 2A, 2B, 1C...etc. so when I scan using progDVB I scan all possible astra?

3) I am a football addict and I really want to know which channels in astra have live football matches... like premiership and la liga(barca). If they are encrypted can you tell me what is the best way to decrypt these channels?

I will be greatful for any help you can give me.
Any amount of advice is welcome!
Cheers~

Moved to this section as it may get more response - Admin

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
hi m8 im assuming you mean a skystar2 if this is what you have i think there is some files out there for that to open up some channels on astra that show footie films etc as for your signel it could be a bad connection or your dish may need the minimal of movements if you goto satnet or satkeys you should be able to get the relevant files to open up some of the channels available:D
good luck and happy viewing

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
is it locked on astra because that's what you want?

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
is it locked on astra because that's what you want?

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
at221 said:
2) I am locked onto astra 19.5E, does it include all the astra transponders i.e. astra 2A, 2B, 1C...etc. so when I scan using progDVB I scan all possible astra?

No. Astra 1 is 19° Astra 2 is 28.2° - so you only scan whatever fleet of satellites your antenna is actually pointing to at the time. In your case 19°E. (see Lyngsat) for the whole fleet.

Mark.