need help updating humax 5400z

dredd2005

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
need help with humax 4500 z
My Location
africa
hi plz help me

i need to update my humax 5400z ! i connected it to my puter but when usin humax uploader 1.5 it said waitin for humax connection and then nothin !!!

is it real i can update my humax using satellite channels?

and if yes plz tell me how? which channel do i get to update my receiver ?

ty u for replyin me

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
:-Welcome1 to the forum dredd2005
When it says waiting for Humax connection you need to switch to standby and then switch on again and the software will download. The update should then take place. In answer to your second question you can only download manufacturers updates from specific satellites. What satellites do you receive?

dredd2005

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
need help with humax 4500 z
My Location
africa
toppervte33h said:
:-Welcome1 to the forum dredd2005
When it says waiting for Humax connection you need to switch to standby and then switch on again and the software will download. The update should then take place. In answer to your second question you can only download manufacturers updates from specific satellites. What satellites do you receive?

hi there

ty for the welcoming and answering your question

i did turn it off using the key on its back then re turn it on and i got same message
"waiting for humax connec"
then i turned it to stand by mood then re turned it on
and same message !!!!
the last update i had was " toh 3.2 " 2003

i did it in some receivers store , but this store moved to another location
and i dunno wot to do !:(

btw i used a connection cable that was usb 1 side (adapted to my laptop compaq presario) and a serial on the other side (adapted to my humax)
i mean to say by adapted "connected" then i used same cable connected to my laptop using its large serial port on its back and the serial connected to humax.
and then again i used same cable serial to serial (from desktop pc to humax directly)

i recieve hotbird , amos , eutel sat , nilesat , arab sat , astra 1 , and 2 turkish sats not to mention 1 iranian sat and 1 greec sat !
ty for ur help , i really appreciat :rolleyes:

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I would certainly suggest a connectivity problem, I thought you had to use a null modem cable with a Humax. If you are unsure do a search on the site for humax null I did and I think there is sufficient info for you to manage. click here
BTW Just for clarity the website downloads are only for legal manufacturers software, for the special Toh patches you refer to these are not available via satellite and again if you read that thread you will find the source