Black Tornado

Reaction score
Website
www.blacktornado.tk
My Location
Iraq - Baghdad
Hello there...

I am new to this board, my friend told me about it, it is really cool :cool:

I live in Iraq, Here there is a sattelite receiever that can be connected to the PC to record movies, songs, ...

The receiever name is Sky1 , it is MADE IN KOREA, the provided software in the CD was @Sky VideoLink and when I read the manual, I see that the site for the receiver is www.atsky.fr and now it is [THE COMPANIES WERE MERGED] www.neotion.com

So, I wanted to update my sattelite receiver, when I went to the site, I saw that the box is French but the software [RECORDING SOFTWARE] provided in the site is the same as mine, and the receiver is named Neotion Box ...

So, I downloaded the last firmware update [which opens FREEX TV], and I prepaired the RS-232 cable, and I connected it as the following :

SIDE 1 SIDE 2
2 3
3 2

And when I executed the update program, and pressed Update button, the program did not say anything, and I had readed the manual and did the right thing...

My friend updated his Sky1 with STRONG DOWNLOADER® which is provided at www.strong-technologies.com and he got the software binary file from somewhere [HE DID NOT TELL ME ABOUT IT] and then he updated his box successfully

Please Please, if any one knows something about this, just reply :)

Best Regards

Thank you very much!!!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Welcome to the board

Some receivers use a different type of formware cable for manual upgrade

Can you confirm the receiver you have requires serial cable and not null modem ?

Black Tornado

Reaction score
Website
www.blacktornado.tk
My Location
Iraq - Baghdad
Well, it says that it needs a RS232 Cable and a Null Modem 9-pin cabel, but I did not understand that, can anyone tell me how do I make this wire??? O-no

didar57

Reaction score
I have eurostar 9700 reciver model.please tell me how can I update it?

aa_762

Reaction score
Hi Black/all
I am also looking for information to update the same receiver. If you have already got this information, pls pass on to me.
Also can someone inform me that what is the difference between null modem cable and serial cable and how to prepare these cables. Help me plssss
Regards,

AA

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can't help with the software, but the null modem cable can be obtained from most computer shops.

aa_762

Reaction score
I purchased a cable from Computer Shop. As per shop keeper, it is null modem cable adn used for software upgrade of receivers. When i used this cable, it did not work at all. Can anyone help me, How can i identify if this is the required cable.
Also, is there any difference between null modem cable and serial cable?
regards,

earth

Reaction score
they'r 2 types 3000 and 1000
about connection cable

2--3
3--2
5---5

about the files patch and more try link ,if any technic problems i'm there

http://www.laurals.com menu3 there's forum

i9718525

Reaction score
Does any one know where I can download the latest bin file for the Sky1 receiver?

Thanks,