Need help with all things satellite!!

krismmp

Reaction score
I am an American currently living in Greece, and I need help!!! I am unable to get DSL at my location - perhaps sat internet is the way to go. What is involved and what carrier should I use??? Also, television - I currently have Hotbird,w/ Power Sky AF-1700 receiver and subscribe to Nova, which seems to be the only satellite tv provider here in Greece, so everybody tells me. What can I do to get more channels in English, from the UK or USA??? I want to learn about the options available to me. HELP!!

To sum it all up, I live in Greece, I need high-speed internet access, and satellite television with more than just 2 English channels.

Can anyone educate me as to the right direction to take?

Grande_Assiette

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Uk and Cyprus -sometimes
Hi Krismmp,

You could pick up SKY and get CNN and SKY news ( Free) , Fox, CNBC, Bloomberg - subscription necessary etc .
Using a good 2.4m dish you should get free 8 BBC channels.

There are two UK cos. offering one way fast internet on Astra 2 - Silvermead and AVC , but it would be better to get a second smaller dish 1.2- 1.5m if you want to use 1-way , 2 -way sat internet.

Visit www.lyngsat.com

search under data in europe..

Hope this helps

GA

krismmp said:
I am an American currently living in Greece, and I need help!!! I am unable to get DSL at my location - perhaps sat internet is the way to go. What is involved and what carrier should I use??? Also, television - I currently have Hotbird,w/ Power Sky AF-1700 receiver and subscribe to Nova, which seems to be the only satellite tv provider here in Greece, so everybody tells me. What can I do to get more channels in English, from the UK or USA??? I want to learn about the options available to me. HELP!!

To sum it all up, I live in Greece, I need high-speed internet access, and satellite television with more than just 2 English channels.

Can anyone educate me as to the right direction to take?