thomasbukky
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Techonomate 1500C1+
Monoblock LNB, 110cm Dish,
My Location
Essex UK
Hi All,
I am new to this forum, however, my satelite hobby started last year, when I visited Holland to see my freind. I was amazed to see number of channels which he was receiving. When I got back to England I started to get setup satelite gears that Inclde 1.10c dish, 1500Ci+ technnomate, motorised disqete1.2, and 2.0 Monoblock LBN. However, system setup unable to receive channel which was scan on the system, its coming up with "NO OR BAD SIGNAL" I notice that the signal is very high nber 89% while the quality is about 5%. I also notice in the scan channels there are some Dolar sign which i was told its scramble channel i need cams or patch to receive this. Please is there somebody out there who can get me going, because my enthuasim for this hobby is getting weak. Many thanks in advance to contributor.:confused :confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Do you have a motor and Monobloc LNB?

Can we see some pictures please, which satellite did you use as your due South reference when you set up the dish if it is motorised?

thomasbukky

thomasbukky
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Techonomate 1500C1+
My Location
Essex UK
Hi Rolfw,
Thanks for your prompt response, Yes I have 2100A Diseqc1.2. I will post the picture tommorow as its raining now. However, I do not think I used any satelite as reference I just follow the installation procedure was told the motor dis will automatic find satelite and then save them. I hope this answer your question.
Regards
Thomas

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You have to find due South very accurately, otherwise you will not find many if any satellites. There a couple of sticky posts at the top of this section on how to do it properly.

You mention a monobloc LNB, is that what you have?

thomasbukky

thomasbukky
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Techonomate 1500C1+
My Location
Essex UK
Hi, I have managed take some pictures for Rolfw, its not great picture(Its raining), however pls find attached is the Dish and Monoblock LNB, I hope this will help toward solving the problem.
Regards
Thomas

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
So it looks like you are using a monobloc like this.

View attachment 10480

Firstly you have it 90 degrees too far around, the LNB connector should be at the bottom, not the side and secondly they will cause problems on a motorised dish, you need a single universal.

thomasbukky

thomasbukky
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Techonomate 1500C1+
My Location
Essex UK
Many thanks Rolf, for your contribution and pointer. Good news after re-adjusting my LNB and dish alignment using hortbird 13E as starting point. This kickstart my satelite experience this morning. However, still need to fine tune the other satelite reception.
Regards
Thomas

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Personally, I really don't understand why you have a Monobloc AND a motor, usually people use one or the other as both, when correctly configured, can receive the same 2 satellites, with the motor getting more...

Also, as there are 2 DiSEqC devices on one cable, wouldn't that confuse the box? :confused

thomasbukky

thomasbukky
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Techonomate 1500C1+
My Location
Essex UK
Hi All,
Thanks for your suggestion, I will be buying single universal LBN, However, having two diseqc does not affect the system in my case. As of today manged to get many statelite, unable to get Eurostat/2astra which contain most of the uk channel which Ms is interested. Also guys although I enjoy my initiation to statelite but in some of the continental channel, I found a lot of x-rated chanels, that annoyed the Ms as children might tune to this chanel.( now deleted) I just want to let you no that I had my firsh bash. speak to u guys soon .......anybody out there experience same bash? pls send your comment....