Need help with satellite system

ZeroOne

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a polish student studying in Glasgow atm. I would like to receive Polish TVN and German Pro 7 + RTL2 on a tv. I know that this probably can only be done by a satellite dish. I checked the forums and TVN is not anymore on analogue which forces me to go in Digital. What would be the cheapest combination of products a poor student from poland could afford :p . I am not looking for any features like HDD or MPEG2 recording, just something I could watch on my TV card (which will most probably be a winfast pvr 2000 ) I also would like to have a dish a small as possible or none (if thats possible) because I currently live in a dorm and there may be problems with the administration and setting it up :/

oh and do I need a TV license to watch Pro 7 Rtl2 and TVN?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You need a TV Licence for watching any TV, you might perhaps consider a Skystar2 PCI card for your satellite viewing, they do a USB versions as well. You would then need a 70cm dish, the Raven being a good one, with an offset arm for two LNBs and a 2 way DiseqC switch.