Need help!

SPORTSAUTO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm.motorised
My Location
birmingham uk
Just set up a motorised 80cm dish , managed to get pictures from Alantic bird 3.

Cannot get no other sat signals for hotbird,astra etc.

Been at it for a few hours manage to get signal level -70+ , quality-0?

Any idea's why i cannot pick up signals for rest of the sats as i thought once you located one sat the rest will fall in place?

could it be a motor problem? or dish? or do i need to continue adjusting the motor/dish?

Does Alantic bird only have 3 channels?

thanks

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
try adjusting the elevation when you move the dish to a different satellite,as you go across the horizon the elevation changes.your getting closer at least!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Atlanticbird 3 has a lot of channels, are you sure that is what you've found?

Thor at 1W is a degree closer to you than AB3, may be better trying for that one, how did you find your due South, or is that what you did with AB3?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
SPORTSAUTO said:
Any idea's why i cannot pick up signals for rest of the sats as i thought once you located one sat the rest will fall in place?

Only if the set up is spot on will this happen.

You need to check everything - start with the mount it has to be 100% vertical, if it is, then that's a great start. Next set the motor to 0 and check the elevation on the motor and the dish for your location.

Follow the information here...

:-Welcome1

SPORTSAUTO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm.motorised
My Location
birmingham uk
Thanks everyone, finally go it up and running . not bad for a complete novice.

Can get hotbird,astra19,astra 28, hispasat. settle with these for now.

Anyone explane how to add individual channels ?

thanks

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
SPORTSAUTO said:
Anyone explane how to add individual channels ?

What receiver do you have?

SPORTSAUTO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm.motorised
My Location
birmingham uk
Hi gameboy,

I bought a complete package from maplin.

Its a metronic touchbox 2 not sure how good it is ,was only looking for a cheap system for a beginner.

thanks

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Tried to get some information for you but ALL the Metronic official web sites I tried did not load!!!

On other systems use the menu to search for anything to do with add. I know this can take a long time but may be worth it.

When you get to the input stage you will have to add the Frequency SID and VPID all this information is available on Lyngsat.com.

Hope this help - maybe someone here has an instruction booklet for that receiver?