Need Help

kamals

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
newbies
My Location
swiss
Hello,

I am located in canada, i am trying to help my sister who is in swiss to decrypy viaccess encrypted channels such as Suntv/ktv international channels and this is what she got

morgan-viaci4100
hotbird 1-5
viacess
2 Access card slots
Has serial port

Another Receiver she has
Samsung DSR 9000
Hotbird 1-5
2 Slots
Data Port / X-modem

now my question is, will this receiver be flashed to receive encrypted channels or does she needs to buy new receiver if so what model. If this receiver can be programed where can i obtain tools or softwares and what cable do i need?

i am unfamiliar with Europe system however i am currently testing Nigra 2 North American system so i am sure can understand if someone explains.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum Kamals

Sorry I do not entirely understand your question here, what satellite are you referring to as the channels you mention are shown as FTA on 13 degrees East?

Sun KTV
Sun TV
Sun TV Gemini
HotBird 7A 13 E 10949 V 27500 3/4 FTA
I have to confess that I have never watched them personally but according to both lyngsat and flysat they are not encrypted in viaccess.

What makes you think they are? In any case even if they were Viaccess 2.5 or 2.6 then they would be totally secure so a different receiver would not help.

kamals

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
newbies
My Location
swiss
thanks for answering my question, those channels are free at the moment but you have to order their special card to receive fully in few days but i am not sure what kind of security that card contains but i am assuming its viaccess 2. MY question is that isnt there any receiver that you can flash and decrypt these channels perhaps put the keys manually if so what that receiver be, i was looking around people were talking several FTA receivers are watchable after flashing such as Technomate, Ditiallworld but i do not have 100% info about how to do it or where to get the updated files. If anyone here who has info please let me know perhaps point me to the right direction. thank you.

nalluran123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
starsat SR-X3200CU
My Location
Saudi arabia
thay are encrypted for sound. the video is FTA. they have been encripted by viacess 2.5. with my knowledge this yet to be hacked.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
nalluran123 said:
thay are encrypted for sound. the video is FTA. they have been encripted by viacess 2.5. with my knowledge this yet to be hacked.

Quite correct VIA 2.5 and VIA 2.6 are secure AFAIK